Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! :)

I am a new member who just joined. I live in Chicago and have two dogs, a Golden Retriever and a Rat Terrier mix. I am considering a Doberman as my next dog and I am hoping this forum will help me with preparing, getting info and making sure that a Dobie is the right dog for me.
:biggthump

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Welcome to DT!!!I am of no use to you in finding a breeder as i am based in the U.K.but i can answer questions on most Dobe stuff ,and there are loads of great people here who know their stuff concerning most things Doberman.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying! I'm not looking for a breeder, I am planning to get a rescue dog. There is a wonderful Dobie rescue group here in Illinois. :biggthump

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Welcome from the Carolinas. It looks like you've taken care in training your dogs and that is a good sign for a future dobe owner. They are awesome pets and companions and training is a must not only for behavior but also because they are busy bodies and do not like being bored.

Feel free to share pictures of your furries now. We don't mind the occasiona non-dobe. I don't mind sharing pictures of my mutt girl.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Welcome from the crew in Ohio!

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
:wavey: Welcome to DT from Washington State. Tracy and Drago

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
Thanks for replying! I'm not looking for a breeder, I am planning to get a rescue dog. There is a wonderful Dobie rescue group here in Illinois. :biggthump
I've heard very good things about IDR - good for you going the rescue route!

Ask away - this is a good forum for it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hello :wavey: & welcome from Southern Indiana!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Welcome to DT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Welcome to DT from Brad and Rock in SE Wisconsin.
I applaud you for getting a rescue dog!
Thanks! :) I work with rescue myself and my two dogs were both rescues (strays, actually) so I am definitely going the rescue route. I am looking forward to learning more from this site! I have done research on the breed but I think talking to actual owners will help more than straight research.
I always have liked Dobermans, but I started paying more attention to the breed a few years ago. Then recently when I first started volunteering at a new hospital (I do animal-assisted therapy with my Golden) and got to work with another volunteer's two wonderful Dobermans for a few weeks--one of whom is a top US Obedience Dobie-- I became more interested in the breed.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
welcome from me and my two rescues, MOlly and Apollo. Apollo is by far the best dog I have ever owned, we got him almost two years ago at age 5. he is the epitome of a dobe in my mind.
Molly, is, well...... Molly. he had been beat up pretty bad as a pup (she is the one with the mangled ear) and had a few 'issues' that we worked thru them and now is just a great little girl - she provides more comic relief than you can imagine, she is just hilarious.

rescue is a great way to go, welcome to the forum

cc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts