Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cal
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 9 year old female doby spayded. She has been leaking urine. I noticed this about a month ago and took her to the vet. The vet took a urine sample and said that it was a UTI. He put her on Ciprofloxacin and sent her home. During the week she was on cipro I felt like the leaking was getting worse, so I called the vet again and informed them of this. He then put her on cephalexin, which i feel has helped a little, but she is still leaking. The research I have done talks about older dobermans having hormanal problems that may lead to them leaking the bed. The vet wants to next take xrays of her bladder. I have no choice but to do the xrays because I want this leaking to come to an end, as im sure my pup does too. If anyone else has had this problem, or knows of a better fix or solution that I can bring upto the vet, I would very much appreciate your feed back. Thank you.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
What are you feeding? I know of three potentially a 4th dog who had a leakign issue and it was resolved after a switch in food. The offending food was proplan (salmon and rice was for two not sure of the others).

A switch to a different food resolved it.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
i had great success using Cranberry juice pills and VitaminC. to help control repeated UTI's in the older spayed girls.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
You might also ask your vet about Phenylproanolamine.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
The propalin works well for spay incontinence. With our girl Swilly, the addition of the hormone Stilbesterol was required as she grows older.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts