Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a three year old docked and cropped red doberman that needs a loving home. This girl came from a Los Angeles area shelter. She is great with people and kids (does amazing with my newborn). Has never bitten and very well tempered. She has some leash issues (anxiety related). She is up to date on shot and spayed. Does not do well with cats and needs to be introduced slowly to other dogs (she is a little timid). I was just supposed to transport this girl for a local rescue, and well, I completely fell in love with her. I decided to keep her with me until I could find a great home with owners who are familiar with the breed. Thanks!

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab97/fosteringwithlove/photo3.jpg

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, we have had her almost three years. Our intention was to save her from the "euthanize list" from the shelter and find her a home. I fell in love with her and I couldn't let her go. Husband and I lost our jobs a few moths ago. We will be moving in with in-laws (bows head with shame) next month. We cannot find anyone to watch her till we get back on out feet (not sure how long it will take). In-laws won't let us take her with us and not one relative has offered/willing to watch her. I am crying my eyes out while I write this but I am out of options. Any advice and/or support is appreciated. Thank you all for trying to help.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
So very sorry to hear this. Can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. Have you contacted any reputable dobe rescues yet? They can make sure homes are screened, complete home/vet checks, etc.

Yes, we have had her almost three years. Our intention was to save her from the "euthanize list" from the shelter and find her a home. I fell in love with her and I couldn't let her go. Husband and I lost our jobs a few moths ago. We will be moving in with in-laws (bows head with shame) next month. We cannot find anyone to watch her till we get back on out feet (not sure how long it will take). In-laws won't let us take her with us and not one relative has offered/willing to watch her. I am crying my eyes out while I write this but I am out of options. Any advice and/or support is appreciated. Thank you all for trying to help.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Sorry,l but I don't quite understand why your thread says Northern California when you are located in San Diego.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I am so sorry for you and your situation. Not to be rude, but I looked back at some of your previous posts. If you are surrendering her due to the health/hip issues I think you MUST go through a rescue, and let them know. Trying to rehome an injured dog on your own is not a good plan, and rarely will result in full disclosure. Before you do any of that though, consider that most good vets offer "care credit".

Good luck to your girl, and your family. You have had her since she was 6 months old. You are her family. I wish you all the best.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We moved to northern CA 6 months ago. We have her on daily meds for her hips and we had xrays done three months ago. Xrays showed that he hips are looking good (not better, but have not gotten worse in two years!). I have contacted two rescues. One in southern Ca and one in Central Ca. I guess I wanted to see if I could find her a home here in Northern Ca so that she was close to us (maybe the new owners would let us she her!) Maybe that's wishful thinking. I have not heard back from the rescues yet. I just contacted them a few days ago. I am not posting an ad on Craigslist or anything like that. I figured I would only post here since we all are familiar with the breed. If I don't find a loving home from here, then the rescue is my next option. Does anyone know/heard of any rescues that will watch dogs long term (I would pay them of course). I looked into my local kennels and they all range around $900 monthy. Which I cannot afford or else I would be here in the first place. I was hoping maybe a doberman rescue would just watch her for us (6 months to a year) if we paid them. Not sure if anyone has ever heard of a rescue doing this....maybe wishful thinking again......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please contact Heidi Merriman [email protected]

She is a DAN (Doberman Assistance Network) member who is located in Northern CA and will help you get your girl into the best situation possible. She will be able to answer any questions that you may have and she works with all of the reputable Doberman Rescues in the area.
Thank you. I will contact her first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
LET us know what rescue you send her too.. Dog Works seems like a caring rescue..
When I move to Northern California I would like to see her..
hugs
Bet

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
LET us know what rescue you send her too.. Dog Works seems like a caring rescue..
When I move to Northern California I would like to see her..
hugs
Bet
Dobemom, this thread was made 8 months ago. You can try sending a private message to the OP but chances are that the issue has been resolved.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts