Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzy gave me a full on smile today! She'll be 5 mo on the 19th. Alex didn't smile until he was an adult and my other dobie that passed 2 yrs ago didn;t do until she was at least 5 or 6. Do they learn from seeing us smile? I never could figure that out....... :3dbiggrin

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
my girl Raven is the only one who smiles.. she useto do it all the time but now she only does it whenshe is in trouble.. if the dogs have made a mess.. like getting in the trash.. I would say.. who did that? who is the bad dog.. and she would give me a big smile.. as to say not me I'm a good girl MOMMY

·
Registered
460 Posts
if the dogs have made a mess.. like getting in the trash.. I would say.. who did that? who is the bad dog.. and she would give me a big smile.. as to say not me I'm a good girl MOMMY
Oh that's so cute! I never knew Dobermans smiled til I came to this forum and now I'm hoping Ava will start. :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I had a lab/dane cross that smiled (years ago) it was too cute! I'd love it if Lexy would! I would come home late at night to be greeted by a cole black big dog, all you could see in the dark was his white teeth and the white patch on his chest. You couldn't even see his eyes, because he squinted them nearly closed.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Trinity smiles at me. Its so cute when she does it while other are around the others think she is made because she is showing her teeth LOL

·
Registered
275 Posts
Abby started smiling when she was about 6 months old. Don't know where she picked it up. Cute to us, but i think it kind of scares some of our guests!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Winston smiles when he's really happy (ex: when we come home...). I haven't seen Keeva smile but she's still a pup so I'm hoping she will when she's a little older.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Cole smiles, but then it makes him sneeze. so it goes smile, sneeze, smile, sneeze, etc. Out of 3 Dobermans he is my first smiler.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
MaryAndDobes said:
"Smiling" seems to run in familial lines although it is also a gesture of submission.

I have several smiling Dobes - you can see one of them here
http://members.execulink.com/~korevaar/Embersmile.htm
I love, love, love these pics Mary!!! It would be impossible to get a pic of Chi's smile since up to this point the only time I've seen her do it is when she's excitedly trying to play with the neighbors dogs through the fence... LOL first time the neighbor saw the "smile" she was a bit concerned (of course this is the self professed former dobe breeder that asked if Chi was a min pin) but now seem to get the biggest kick out of it...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Gunner does it it when he starts to relaz and is abouty to settle down and relaz like hes saying "ahhh, all in a good days play"

Daisy hasnt started to do it yet

·
Registered
281 Posts
Harvey smiles out of sheer excitement when i come home.. I know what you mean PD about people thinking they are mad because the teeht are on show..my mum nearlt jumped out the window when he first done it lol..

Harvey started smiling about a month ago and i love it, its so precious to see this little softy smiling away at me :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Too funny everyone.. Now Raven only shows her front upper teeth and turn her nose sideways.. it is too funny I wish I could get a photo of it.. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts