Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no way to put this gingerly, but my Doberman has wicked gas. Like were talking wicked. So foul and frequent he would be deemed offensive at the superbowl. I have changed his food twice now and it isnt working. What can I do?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I would try one of these at a time and then both together if neither works singly: 1) a big, healthy schlock of plain, unflavored yoghurt or slug of kefir 2) NOW Foods Super Enzymes (inexpensive, health food store... this specific product!) - one capsule opened and sprinkled on each meal. Even if neither works alone, they may work together.

I feed raw, use enzymes every day and sometimes kefir (just to share when I am having some). My dog is never poisonous (aside from her occasional post-skunk-adventure aroma).

I had a training customer with the single most noxious dog I have ever met (OMG! once the entire class RAN AWAY!), and she said she fixed Hollywood's "little problem" with Beano. Haven't tried this personally, so it is not exactly a recommendation.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Every dobie is different in what makes them fart the most. But they all are prone to farting.

Right now, Priscilla has paint peeling farts.

If it is all the time, you should consider changing foods. I've had it down to a couple farts a week.....lol... but we give treats and some are worse than others.

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
I find that the kibble causes the most farts (that and eating dead frogs).

If I add just 1/4 cup of kibble to my dogs' food, I get farts. But giving them a biscuit that has little or no value doesn't have the same effect. The digestive upset causes the farts. That means that the food is not agreeable to the dog. I switched to raw and lost the farts. Got cleaner teeth and healthy gums.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts