Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Censored
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey DT community.
I just wanted to spread the word a little bit. Alder Creek Apartments in Vancouver, WA accepts breeds like Dobermans, Rottweilers and German Shepherds so long as they are able to pass a "meet and greet" with a member of the management staff and another dog.

I just wanted to pass this on as I know how difficult it can be to find an apartment complex that allows our beloved breed. Please note, I do not encourage raising an exuberant Doberman puppy in an apartment... it is very difficult... especially potty training -_-

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/WA-Vancouver-Alder-Creek.html#b

·
Censored
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... but it is all perspective to be honest. People rarely go out of their way to say anything nice... but when people feel they need to complain.... nothing stops them.
The apartment complexes I lived in in Los Angeles all had major negative reviews from disgruntled tenants. But I never had any issues personally. I don't know if I have just been lucky or if I just have a better outlook than others. Cause some of my neighbors were just such pessimistic people who always seemed to be looking for the negative.
Anyway, I know how hard it is to find an apartment that takes dobes and was just trying to help. Having been there myself.
... I have lived out of my car before... showering at friends, sleeping at my band's rehearsing studio... it's not fun :/

I thought it would kind of be a neat idea to start a thread of Doberman friendly apartment complexes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
This is definitely a positive step forward!

My apartment complex doesn't openly accept Dobies, GSDs, or pits (That would likely attract the wrong kind of tenants in the south, sadly), but the management loves Zero. He has a special bond with the maintenance man. Zero always stands by his side with mild curiosity while he's fixing something.. as if he could at any moment hand him over a wrench lol

·
Registered
200 Posts
My complex also doesn't officially accept Dobes, GSDs, Pits, Chows or dogs >75 lbs, but the management told me their unofficial policy was "Don't ask, Don't tell." And that so long as there are no complaints, any dog is welcome. They told me just to put down "black and tan dog" under description and to be ready to accept full liability if a bad incident does ever occur. They love Roz, though, and have started keeping little treats for her in the leasing office and encouraging me to bring her in to visit. I've never seen any other dogs in there, though that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I live in Midtown Atlanta and so if anyone is looking to move there, PM me and I'll give you my complex details. It's funny Roz's best friends here are 2 Pits, a white little scottie looking dog (not sure what that is), a Cane Corso, and a full grown St. Bernard. I'm pretty sure only one of them is officially allowed to live here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doberman's Allowed

Thank you for everyone who posted on Apartments that will allow Dobermans. I am moving to Washington State in 2012, and will be looking for an apartment for me and my girl Sarah. She is 9, and so loving. I will be within the Seattle range of addresses. Please contact me if you know of an apartment that will take Dobermans [email protected]!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts