Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,176 Posts
Okay, I'll take the first stab at critiquing ( have to hurry, dr's appointment this morning)

Cyrus - best dog ever! (no big surprise, I'm a huge fan of the boy :)

Rommel - The only dog on this forum that is as leggy as my own - so much personality shown in his pictures we can hear his thoughts - soulful yet mischievous eyes - great little brother to Piper - great protector and friend to "mom" especially when dad is away - all around perfect example of the breed :)

· Registered
4,176 Posts
Murreydobe said:
I do lots of separate little bits of training-puppies are taught to bait using popcorn. They're taught an obedience stand-stay. I get them used to having their mouth opened and examined. And I socialize them like mad. But they're rarely (if ever) stacked as tiny guys. If you lay that kind of foundation, it's not that hard for a handler to bring it all together in the ring itself.
LOL my first and last thought upon reading this is that if your dogs are anything like mine, you're nuts!!! Popcorn = big time gas in this house!!! :help_up_2

· Registered
4,176 Posts

Okay,
Here's Chi at 14 months. Would love to hear what y'all think. I love this thread and am learning so much through it... Will probably sit down tonight and study these pics as I reference the standard and all the comments made here on other pics....
I'm sure it's obvious that I have neither she nor I have any clue on how to stack - I just tried to get her to keep her attention on me in a stand/stay while hubby took the pics :)
Oh, and normally she doesn't wear such an ugly leash :) That's her obnoxiously long line that we use for frisbee and now tracking :)

· Registered
4,176 Posts
Murreydobe said:
The short upper arm Mary mentioned results in the entire front assembly being placed too far forward on the body..this means the part of the brisket that should meet the elbow wouldn't be the deepest part of the brisket anyway. If you look at Chi's pic, you can see the deepest part of the brisket is back past the elbow.
Thank you! Makes perfect sense now :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.