Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

Im new to the doberman forum! I just have a few questions!! So my girlfriend is thinking of getting a doberman puppy.She ll be moving in with me in a few years. I have a year old male siberian husky. He is not aggressive at all. Pretty passive but veryyyyyy playful. Will I have any issues when she moves in. We plan to get a female since I've heard that dobermans have male to male aggression issues. We also plan to socialize them both as much as we can. Any tips or comments would be appreciated! thankssssss!!!:thanx:

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome to DT!
You seem to be on the right track. And you shouldn't have any issues, especially if they already know each other. The key is definitely socialization. I've been bringing my boy around other dogs (dog events, daycare, etc) since he had his final round of shots and he's never met an enemy.

Also kudos to you for doing your research and planning on getting a female!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

My tip is to rescue :)

If that's not something your gf is interested in, please, please, please purchase a puppy from a reputable/ethical breeder!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi there,

I've known many dobe/husky combo's and they get along great! :) It's actually one of the better dog pairs I've seen.

Try and avoid same sex pairs if you can.

But the key is to get them used to eachother on neutral ground from the get go. You and your friend take them for walks together in new territory and in a super exciting environments waaay before they live together and they'll very quickly have a positive association with eachother.

Hope this goes well, should be a very cute match-up :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts