Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

A little about myself first. This is my first time posting on here, so to give you my background. Im a 26 male who just bought a house with a big backyard with my fiance. I am talking her into buying a dog and I really want a doberman (as I had one growing up). The dobermans we bought were from Kimbertal out in PA. Now I initially was going to just go there because of how much we loved the pets we got from there back in the day. However, I was browsing the forums here and saw a lot of negative posts about these guys. Which obviously turned me off to them.

Can you guys please recommend breeders in the Central NJ area who would be good to find a smart healthy doberman as a pet? I would like to give my doberman a lot of exercise and obedience training as well but no show quality for me.

Also, what are the going rates for a doberman at these breeders as well, as I will be purchasing down the road and need time to save up for costs+bills+training etc. Just to be able to budget better.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
First, Welcome to DT.

You will want to stay well away from Kimbertal. Average price for a well bred, pup, from health tested parents, ears cropped/tail docked, etc. runs about $1500-2000.00.

Do lots of research, ask questions and before you even seriously consider a breeder, check there and see if anyone has experience with the breeder.

Good luck with your search.

Reactions: Sinister

·
Premium Member
8,766 Posts
head over to DPCA | Home and look for the breeder list. There are many great breeders in NJ. The average price of a pet puppy from a show litter in NJ/PA is about $2000 - that includes the crop.

There are also a lot of local shows in the spring and that is one of the best ways to meet breeders/owners and to see the dogs. It may take awhile to get a good puppy - you will need to find a breeder and get on their waiting list.

My best advice is to not be in a hurry. Good things come to those who wait for them :)

Listing of shows can be found on Home Page, InfoDog - The Dog Fancier's Complete Resource for information AKC Dog Show Events, and Dog Products and Services - about a week before the show there will be a listing of ring time - make sure you are there when Doberman are there ... otherwise you will miss them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts