Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first of all let me start by saying this is something im just debaiting and not going to be doing anything for a long while, probally a few years.

anyways right now i have 2 boxers, i have always wanted a rottie, the biggest reason i didn't get one is the hair, they shed really bad from what i was told and i didn't want too much hair in the house so i went with a boxer, and there is still a lot of hair but i don't think nothing like what a rottie would have.

a few things im wondering about dobies. are they all protective of them home? (im sure you guys get this a lot and are tired of hearing people want dobies for guard dogs) right now my 2 boxers could care less who walks in the house if someone is walking around they house they don't care whats going on, they just want to play. it would be nice to at least get a bark or something like that lol.

how is there shedding compared to a boxer? im sure they are prob about the same as a boxer.

how active are they? again im sure they can't be any worse then a boxer, but are they much calmer? my next dog i would like a little calmer but i don't want a lazy dog either.

so far thats about all i can think of, i love my boxers, i would just really like it if they had a little guard in them and my older boxer is calmer and my yonger one is calming down, im sure in a year or so she will relax a bit, but just getting info.

thanks

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
a few things im wondering about dobies. are they all protective of them home?
A well socialized Doberman will be protective when there is a threat. Socializing helps them to learn what is a threat and a non threat. Don't expect them to growl or bark at a friendly stranger.

how is there shedding compared to a boxer? im sure they are prob about the same as a boxer.
Yes. Shedding can be reduced by using a Zoom Groom once or twice a week.

how active are they?
Very. If not exercised physically and mentally everyday, they will destroy things. This is a working breed and they need alot of stimulation.

You don't say the sexes of your boxers. Just so you know, male Dobermans do not do well with other male dogs. When I say they don't do well, I mean they can fight to the death.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
male and a female but like i said i don't plan on doing anything for awhile, probally until the male boxer is gone and hes around 6 right now, they are both fixed but its going to be awhile im just doing some reseach and trying to keep myself busy at work lol.

·
Registered
166 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
A well socialized Doberman will be protective when there is a threat. Socializing helps them to learn what is a threat and a non threat. Don't expect them to growl or bark at a friendly stranger.

Yes. Shedding can be reduced by using a Zoom Groom once or twice a week.

Very. If not exercised physically and mentally everyday, they will destroy things. This is a working breed and they need alot of stimulation.

You don't say the sexes of your boxers. Just so you know, male Dobermans do not do well with other male dogs. When I say they don't do well, I mean they can fight to the death.
This is good advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts