Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
I'm curious (being in Ontario where pitbulls are banned)...All these pitbull bite incidents are they biting their own owners/families most of the time or are they biting others in a guarding capacity? Just wondering if this is a family loyal breed or vicious all around.

· Registered
295 Posts
Pit bulls are a very family loyal breed and in general a very people friendly breed.
I cant stand your "vicious all around" statement, the only reason these dogs are vicious at all is because ignorant people breed and never socialize them and then the owners dont bother to train them. This isnt always the case, any dog can bite, but to label an entire breed as vicious and needing to be banned is just ignorance on the governments part.

You tell me does she look vicious?

Sorry didn't mean to offend :( Is that your dog? She's a cutey. I'm asking because I 'am' ingnorant on the breed and only hear what the media says. When I research the breed myself it makes me want one as they sound like awesome family dogs, that's why I was wondering if all the reported attacks were on family or foe or accident. I never wanted a doberman for similar 'media scare' reasons but now with my big sucky sweetheart I am a convert for sure!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.