Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,040 Posts
Unfortunately, horrible owners have paved the way for politicians to come up with useless laws and leaves responsible owners looking like this--> :strong:

Our local Doberman group specifically aims to change the public perception and we constantly thrive to do the best we possibly can with our dogs to prove that it has not much to do with the dog, but all the world to do with the owner.

BSL is BS.​

· Registered
1,040 Posts
Nice post! You reference "local Doberman Group." Define local? I'm in the Bay Area and if there is a way I can add to the group, I'd love to!

BTW, I agree with everything you posted. While walking my girls in Columbia State Park one weekend, I had a woman and her two daughters approach me. She asked if the girls could meet my "girls" as she'd grown up with Dobermans, loved the breed, and her daughters had never been able to actually "meet one." She made the girls approach slowly, hold their hands out, allow my DoberKids to sniff their hand and make the next call. My old girl was very friendly, Blaze liked the older daughter but was somewhat standoff-ish towards the younger one, and Ember was still a pup and she simply stuck to me -- at that point she wasn't too social.

We started talking and at the end of our visit, the mother said, "Thank you for letting us meet your girls and thank you for being such a great ambassador for the breed." That made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Your experience is what our group definitely aims for every time we are out with our dogs. We are called Dobermans United and we hold meet ups and/or attend doggy events once a month together. You can visit our page here and click on the contact section and e-mail the founders to join up! :mrgreen: And this invitation isn't only for locals, we encourage anyone and everyone to join, we have members from all over the country, the more the merrier!

· Registered
1,040 Posts
Okay, you got my attention. The flyer in the Dobermans United site shows Memorial Park in San Ramon. I work in Bishop Ranch and live in Pleasanton. That's practically my backyard!!! You must be a REALLY local bunch!!!

Most of the site says under construction. I'd like to know more about the members before committing. Are they ever going to get that page active that speaks to members? Looks like the information is somewhat stale -- and I don't mean that to come across nasty. So I apologize in advance if it comes across wrong!
Hehe it's totally fine! It's a new website and we're still gathering info and pictures to put on there. I'll forward this to the founders and see what we can do. DU is a fairly new group( It was only established one year ago this month) and we've grown really quickly. You can PM a few people on here that know our members, such as Heartbroken and of course, me :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.