Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Ugh, when will people start teaching THEMSELVES and their CHILDREN to not hug ANIMALS? Most people don't like to be hugged what makes people think animals do??? and ultimately it's the dog who pays for their ignorance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have tried to return him and get a refund she refuses and has blocked my sister on Facebook as well .
wow! Ok, i have one of Powerhouse's daughters. she is 2 will be 3 in september. the paperwork says Powerhouse is the sire, and Casting a wicked spell is the dame. the paperwork i have says both parents are dcm neg. you are saying he is a 1? my girl was spayed really young, she now has 'leaking' problems. She cost $2500 from them. I hope you are able to get your money back! seems like there is a serious breach of contract here.

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
14,057 Posts
wow! Ok, i have one of Powerhouse's daughters. she is 2 will be 3 in september. the paperwork says Powerhouse is the sire, and Casting a wicked spell is the dame. the paperwork i have says both parents are dcm neg. you are saying he is a 1? my girl was spayed really young, she now has 'leaking' problems. She cost $2500 from them. I hope you are able to get your money back! seems like there is a serious breach of contract here.
The DNA tests for DCM are more for research purposes that breeding decisions at this time. Breeding dogs should be getting regular holter testing (24 hour ekg) and echoes (ultrasound) to verify that they don't have any signs of DCM at that time.

Spay incontinence can happen no matter what age they are spayed. My pittie was spayed at two years, and startled leaking at around age four.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased Int. Doberland Powerhouse aka Balor. Let me start by saying he’s a good looking male dog and she advertised him well on her website . I talked for a few weeks back and forth via text messages and phone conversations with Margo Richards from Doberland. She advertised he was Dna cleared of Dcm and ofa certified good, also stated he’s housebroken and loves tides in car etc. and I asked about his boys she said anything that she would look and take care of anything he needed before pick up . After all our conversations I drove 9 hrs one way to purchase him . She did not let us come to her house she meet us at a tractor supply store in Balvior, Mo which I thought was a little odd but with covid 19 going around I understood. It was very windy and cool day . She had just given Balor a bath and he was still wet standing in the cold so everything was kinda rush rush. She said she was getting out of breeding due to her health. Margo showed me some paperwork but the wind was blowing all around . I signed and contract that we would give him a good home and gave a health guarantee that did he had 2 yrs remaining . He was a little nervous but understandable because he was wet and cool outside. We got in our vehicle and proceeded to go home . After about 10 minutes out we stopped at a gas station And we looked over his paperwork more carefully he is dcm1 positive and his rabid shot record was 2 yrs past due! Booster shots 1 yr past due! No heartworm test either! To throw insult to injury she only had his hips premlinary threw ofa when he was 14 months old. Never retested him at the age of 2 . We had many text messages and phone conversations this was all suppose to be taken care of and he was suppose to be dna cleared of Dcm . I tried calling Margo several times immediately after going threw all the paperwork she would not answer . We waited and tried again nothing . We had to get back home . No shots, nothing on him . Ugh!!! Finally several messages later after we got home she finally called me and got snappy I told her this wasn’t our agreement and she advertised him on her website as well as clear and ofa good. The worse is yet to come stay with me . I expressed his anxiety his has had . He is scared of everything how can this beautiful handsome boy that has been shown be so scared of everything? We gave him space , time , love took him to the vet got him updated on shots as a responsible owner. How did this dog fall threw the cracks??? WTH? It gets worse he has lunged at me twice . Yet follows me everywhere we have experience and are very responsible. Today my 18 yr old was standing by my kitchen counter and he bit him on the leg !!! I’ve have reached out several times to Margo so did my sister she don’t believe it she says ! Will not refund our money says I signed a as is contract blah blah blah and blocked me !
How is he doing? I have his son who is now 18 months old.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
He is actually doing great . He carries 1 copy of dcm 1 . I had him retested through embark . At what age did u spay your female ? Between 18-24 months is ideal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone I purchased a Int. Champion from Margo Richards at Doberland Dobermans . I have issues and she will not work with me to resolve them . Does anyone know this kennel ??
I know the breeding whore! My boy suffers from thyoid and heart failure. She will not answer her phone. Keeps changing her kennel name, and has moved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow this is incredibly sad to hear. I too own a doberman from Margo. She is 19 months and so far healthy thank God. I am sorry to hear that. Margo is off of the map now. Apparently she isnt as reliable as she sounded on the phone. Im just praying that my baby stays healthy and I am glad yours has pulled through.
I'm going to walk back a bit on my previous statement on re-read.

What I recommend is that you start the "2 week shutdown" for him. Follow it really faithfully. A lot of very reputable rescues follow it, and it is REALLY helpful for dogs transitioning to new homes. I highly, highly recommend it.

https://www.arottalove.org/info/file?file=14673.pdf

After that, you slowly ease into a more normal (but structured) life. I think you'll start to get a more accurate sense of his temperament at that point, but even then, remember that dogs take a while to truly show who they are when they are rehomed.

Beyond that, I echo what brw1982 said...I don't think she will stand behind this dog. We've heard multiple stories of people attempting to pursue legal action. I've not yet heard of success. I think you'll have to decide if the stress of it is worth it and what your desired outcome is.
I bought Kahn

·
Registered
4 Posts
I poked around to see if I could find anything about Doberland--even in DobeQuest (pedigree data base belonging to and maintained by the DPCA) there were only three or four entries under Doberland--doesn't even seem to be an entire pedigree for any of them. Is the dogs you purchased from the 2015 litter?

Don't know what kind of issues you have but for a few you might be able to get some assistance from AKC--but for most issues you are kind of on your own. Finance stuff usually means filing in small claims court. But mostly all you can do is report the problem to Better Business Association.

dobebug
I bought my boy 4 yrs. Ago from Margo Richards, paid 2,500 for him. He has feet problems, heart myopathy, and thyroid issue, and is Still to this day scarred of everything. I tried to call her, when i started telling her the problems she hung up on me, never to answer my calls again! My boy was suppose to be from int. Champion. She is a breeding whore in my book. Her dogs are sickly, scarred to death of everything. My boy is big and beautiful, but now suffers from heart myopathy and thyroid. Hes on 2 medications, i love him so much, and he loves me, but hes going to die!! I hate Margo Richards. AKC means NOTHING! She changes her Kennel names often, and moves alot. If anyone gets a lawsuit going, which i tried, not succesful yet, but if anyone else is succesful, i will speak up for you! Im am sick over this. Just SICK. I look my boy in the eyes and pet and love on him, he licks my tears away. Ive paid out the Butt to keep him healthy, feed him vet. Recommended food, plus i give him chicken breast, and chicken hearts and gizzards, no salt, a Grain Food diet now! Not Grain Free anymore! His heart issue is from Bad Breeding! Thats why i called her a breeding whore. Your lucky if your doberman lives to be 4 yrs.old. My boy lays in his bed in my room where its out of sight and quiet. Ive bought mattresses, blankets, toys, i do everything for him. I cook for him to. I love him so much, but these days now are touch and go for us. I will Never, EVER buy another Doberman! This is my 2nd try to get a dog without heart problems. Its to heart breaking. I can honestly say i love him ever bit as much as i love my children who are grown adults now! He is my Special Boy. I stay by his side 24/7. Literally! I cannot let him die alone. I will be there for him always! And AKC could care less. AKC means absolutely Nothing! JUST NOTHING!! ITS A SCAM! A MONEY HUNGRY GROUP IS ALL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone I purchased a Int. Champion from Margo Richards at Doberland Dobermans . I have issues and she will not work with me to resolve them . Does anyone know this kennel ??
I cannot put into words the experience I had with Doberland.com. I purchased a male who bit me at least 7 times and 2 of then were in the faces. The last time I was completely attacked by the 16 months old male.
we had a terrible experience with Doberland as well and my heart is completely broken. We even sent him to a behavioral trainer who specializes in aggressive dogs. How does this happen?? Is it passed down from the parents?

·
Registered
2 Posts
we had a terrible experience with Doberland as well and my heart is completely broken. We even sent him to a behavioral trainer who specializes in aggressive dogs. How does this happen?? Is it passed down from the parents?
I also bought a male puppy from Margo in 2014. The sire was lovely, and climbed into my lap in my car. However, the

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also bought a male puppy from Margo. When I arrived to pick him up, the sired jumped into my lap in my car! The dam, however, was aloof and unapproachable! I was told she took a while to warm up to strangers- not! They took me into the house, and showed me my puppy, taped his ears up, & used super glue under the tape!!! OMG!!! I quickly realized that the dogs and puppies lived in an “out building! “ when I took the puppy to the car, he was very tired! I am sure she drugged him for the 6 hour ride home! I stopped several times to let him out to go potty, and he slept in the grass! As we left, the sire jumped in the back of my SUV, and laid down! He wanted to go home with me! If I had known then what I know about her & her husband, I would have gunned the car and left! I took Bede to the vet the next day, & found out he had ringworm! Called Margo, & she didn’t seem surprised, & told her she had better get her dogs checked, & get rid of all bedding! I could have been talking to a wall! Bede was very bitey when young, and strong willed, but we worked through that through firm, loving, and consistent expectations. He is 7 now, and is a very outgoing, well socialized boy with other dogs and people alike. He has been bitten by 4 small dogs at training, dog park, & on a walk, 2 chihuahuas, a papillion, & some small cocker. He has never barked, growled, or aggressed against these dogs in retaliation, or other dogs. He is protective of me and our home. Only twice has he ever barked at people at the door I did not know. I tell him to lie down and watch. I think he knew these people were not safe!
He does have a number of allergies that have affected his coat and feet. I have had him evaluated by our state veterinary school. He takes sublingual meds made just for him, over the counter allergy meds twice a day, and Cosequin. Last year I learned that he had Von Willibrands disease, after a terrible bloody nose, which had never happened before. It is a genetic disease that causes bleeding! Thank you Margo for passing on another horrible anomaly! Personally, she has lied about the international titles, AKC titles, health certification & diseases, and temperament of her dog’s, and living conditions for her dogs! I love my Doberman Bede more than anything! Am I sorry I bought him? Absolutely not! Do I wish that Margo and her daughter were loving caring people who ran a breeding kennel whose first thought should always be for the welfare and care of their dogs first? Absolutely! They are all about the money! I am so very frightened that they will change their name again, & pop up again, & start the whole thing all over again!!! Let me know immediately if Margo does this!!! She should never be able to do this to any animal again! 😢

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also bought a male puppy from Margo. When I arrived to pick him up, the sired jumped into my lap in my car! The dam, however, was aloof and unapproachable! I was told she took a while to warm up to strangers- not! They took me into the house, and showed me my puppy, taped his ears up, & used super glue under the tape!!! OMG!!! I quickly realized that the dogs and puppies lived in an “out building! “ when I took the puppy to the car, he was very tired! I am sure she drugged him for the 6 hour ride home! I stopped several times to let him out to go potty, and he slept in the grass! As we left, the sire jumped in the back of my SUV, and laid down! He wanted to go home with me! If I had known then what I know about her & her husband, I would have gunned the car and left! I took Bede to the vet the next day, & found out he had ringworm! Called Margo, & she didn’t seem surprised, & told her she had better get her dogs checked, & get rid of all bedding! I could have been talking to a wall! Bede was very bitey when young, and strong willed, but we worked through that through firm, loving, and consistent expectations. He is 7 now, and is a very outgoing, well socialized boy with other dogs and people alike. He has been bitten by 4 small dogs at training, dog park, & on a walk, 2 chihuahuas, a papillion, & some small cocker. He has never barked, growled, or aggressed against these dogs in retaliation, or other dogs. He is protective of me and our home. Only twice has he ever barked at people at the door I did not know. I tell him to lie down and watch. I think he knew these people were not safe!
He does have a number of allergies that have affected his coat and feet. I have had him evaluated by our state veterinary school. He takes sublingual meds made just for him, over the counter allergy meds twice a day, and Cosequin. Last year I learned that he had Von Willibrands disease, after a terrible bloody nose, which had never happened before. It is a genetic disease that causes bleeding! Thank you Margo for passing on another horrible anomaly! Personally, she has lied about the international titles, AKC titles, health certification & diseases, and temperament of her dog’s, and living conditions for her dogs! I love my Doberman Bede more than anything! Am I sorry I bought him? Absolutely not! Do I wish that Margo and her daughter were loving caring people who ran a breeding kennel whose first thought should always be for the welfare and care of their dogs first? Absolutely! They are all about the money! I am so very frightened that they will change their name again, & pop up again, & start the whole thing all over again!!! Let me know immediately if Margo does this!!! She should never be able to do this to any animal again! 😢
I watch almost daily to see if she pops up anywhere on social media. I did find “Powerhouse” aka Baylor on FB, who is the father of mine. Someone bought him and I think they are breeding pups now. It worries me because i don’t know if that aggressive behavior is passed down. And it may have been the mother that was aggressive, i don’t know. I know there are bad breeders and I should have researched more so it’s my fault for that. But we were heartbroken after losing our 11 year old and wanted another dobie to love. I’m sorry you have been through all of this but I’m glad he has you!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well this is not what I was hoping to find when searching to find Margo but I am not surprised.I purchased a July 10th male puppy of Powerhouses from Margo in October. I purchased the male I got after speaking with her extensively about getting a dog for a service dog program for disabled veterans. He was skittish and scared. She was no where to be found when contacted. He is now male dog Reactive/aggressive and being kicked out of the program after 500 plus hours of training because he is Male dog reactive . So now its not just rehoming a dog thats not trustworthy with other male dogs , its a dog that comes from an aggressive line. I hope whoever is suing her destroys her and if you need help with your case feel free to contact me. Also. Is there a way to rehome a dog like this with knowing its genetic predisposition?
Powerhouse is still being bred 😔😔 Found him on Facebook Diamond Ridge Dobermans. I hope and pray the aggression is not passed down.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts