Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to DT but have been a Dobie lover all my life. My beloved Riley passed in December to DCM while playing in the park. Such a tragic day and we miss him dearly... words cannot describe the love we had for each other and the emptiness he left with us...

I'm writing because I feel it's important to let our story be heard for those of you looking for a new Dobie. My intension is not to bad mouth or talk negative or to discount any of your lovely doggies and wherever they came from.

After visiting a great number of breeders in Ontario, we fell in love with Cresswell however they were not breeding until the fall and we were looking for a new pup in the spring. We decided to go with Dobereich. She had beautiful dogs and great temperament however don't expect her to honor her contracts with you. We paid our deposit and her girl didn't get pregnant. Our contract stated we could receive a full refund if order could not be complete. We told her we found a rescue and wanted our deposit back. LONG story short, we had to hire a lawyer and had submitted everything to take her to small claims court and then she finally decided to honor her contract and return our deposit. My lawyer suggested I speak with DPCC and DT.

If she has no intensions of honoring her contract she should not state a full refund as an option. Pretty simple actually - just say the deposit is non-refundable... she ruined any relations we may have ever had with her in the future.

Within 2 days of hearing the news that there would not be a puppy from the litter our deposit was with we found our little DE. We rescued him at 4 months (he's now 7months) from Erica, Doberman Rescue. It was all just meant to be. He's such a sweet, social, friendly little guy!

Best of luck to all of you who are looking into breeders. I found DT useful with our search for honest, real stories about breeders.

:thanx:

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Welcome to DT. Thanks for giving your little rescue a good home. Sorry to hear you had such a terrible experience with Dobereich. But life has put you down the right path. It was meant to me! Pics of your new little guy please!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He suggested DPCC and a blog type site to reach the general public. We were offered another pup from another litter that we did not want (and we would have been 6th on the list of picking order). The next litter we may have been interested would have been late fall/early winter.

My camera takes such large file pictures that I cannot for some reason make them small enough to attach here. He's frickin' adorable though. Sorry I can't share them.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I lost my best ever red boy to DCM, as well.

Congrats on your new rescue.

Get a photobucket account, and post more pics of him!

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I lost my best ever red boy to DCM, as well.

Congrats on your new rescue.

Get a photobucket account, and post more pics of him!
Yes I agree! More pics!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Congrats on your new Dobie! He is a cutie. It was meant to be. I have been looking for a girl for a year, my 13 year old passed. The first breeder litter only had reds and we really wanted a black and tan, the second Breeder the whole litter died from an infection so sad, the third Breeder only wanted show homes, we were starting to feel no puppy was meant for us, the fourth Breeder the mating did not take, the fifth Breeder was not our first shoice but as it turned out she names all her pups after roses, our four girls were all named with Rose in their names, so I believe our girl is n this litter and we will get her in August. Enjoy your guy, he was waiting for you ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh man... it sounds like you've had an extremely hard time getting your girl. Maybe there's a reason for that? and the little girl you do end up getting is just the absolute perfect girl for you!

Looking forward to seeing some pic's in August :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts