Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm at my shop working this morning and I put my rig out to put the loader in and do some work to it, at dinner time my girlfreind comes and gets me to go home for dinner. I lock the shop up and leave my rig in the fenced in compound, my shop is in an industral park that is virtualy dead on sundays. Due to firecode restrictions I'm not aloud to leave the dogs in my compound because I have propane storage.

Now when I return from lunch 2 hours later I for some reason brought both my male dogs with me (which is unusual, I normally only take one of the males at a time). So I pull up in my car and get out unlock the gate and head for the shop.

As I head across the compound, Jake my male Doberman (and my best guard dog) lets out a low growl. I stop and look around and thats when I notice the back end of my rig is jacked up and someone has begun to remove my new 39's. So I grab the fatmans collar (my rottie) and send Jake (the Doby) to patrol the compound.

Instead of going across to the other side of the compound like he normally does he heads straight for the other loader parked in the yard and thats when I see him, early 20's, holding a tire wrench and running like hell.

Now anybody who's seen a doby run knows he did'nt get far when 95 lbs. of Jake catchs him by the arm he was holding the tire wrench in and they both go cartwheeling to the ground. He immediatly gets on to all four's and starts trying to stand up (all the time screaming like a girl) but can't get up with Jake latched into his arm. I tell the guy to lay still and the dog will stop, but
he keeps fighting the dog (ok by me ). Surprisingly he manages to get to his feet with Jake still latched onto him and starts kicking Jake.

Bad mistake, now I let the Fatman loose. As he whinds up for a kick 135 lbs. of rottie catches him by the calf and jerks both legs out from under him. He falls forward and lands on Jake. Jake lets him go long enough to squarm out from under him then ( before i can stop him) turns around and grabs him by
the shoulder.

Now this guy is in serious trouble, there's 230 Lbs. of guard dog playing tug-o-war with a 150 Lb. theif. There's no fighting back now, He's just face down and screaming and the dogs are pulling him apart. So I get the dog's off him.

I call the Cops & an Ambulance because this guy is badly ****ed up. As I'm hanging up the cell phone, he looks up from trying to use his shirt to stop the blood from pumping out his arm and says " you called the cops?" To which I reply "yes dumbass, you need help, you won't make it to a hospital on your own". Then seeing the question he was'nt asking out loud I said " I'm not going to press charges but if I ever catch you here again I'll just let the dogs have you and leave."

The ambulance took him and the cop told me this guy is a career criminal
"Suspected" of many other petty crimes like this but not caught yet. The Cop kept smiling while he took my statement and even giggled once. He said they would be pressing the charges against him even if I was'nt.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got this story from another Forum I thought it was intresting but I dont think it really happend if it did the dogs would of been put to sleep and that guy would be in court alot

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's what I was thinking!

Plus it's real hard to stop dogs once they get going like that.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
LOL Crx - I immediately started questioning this story when I read that you had a male Dobe - I'm thinking I thought he just had Holly, what's going on here???
Personally, I think it's bunk. Why would the guy say he wasn't pressing charges? It would come off then as just a random dog bite and his dogs would be in jeapordy....

·
Registered
606 Posts
Personaly I dont think the dogs would be put to sleep.

Mind you it depends on their training. If they are trained/certified gaurd dogs then I think they are OK.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
JennSLK said:
Personaly I dont think the dogs would be put to sleep.

Mind you it depends on their training. If they are trained/certified gaurd dogs then I think they are OK.
I dunno...dog law varies from state to state..but in many cases you can be in a WORSE situation from a civil lliability standpoint if the dogs have prior training in bitework, that training can increase your potential liability considerably..you also can face criminal charges for assault with a deadly weapon.

Especially in a case like the one stated, where the dog owner wasn't at risk of direct physical harm, I think the owner of the dogs could find themselves in a world of trouble. "Sending" a dog after someone that's running away isn't a particularly smart thing to do.

LOL, all I could think of when I read the first post was SOMEONE was desparately trying to use dogs to boost their macho factor.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
I know that alot of trainers do not do "Personal Protection" work, because if the dog ever does bite someone, everyone who has ever trained that dog in protection work is at risk of lawsuit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts