Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of biting and chewing on his leash, our 3 1/2 month Dobe puppy sits and doesn't move when we try to walk him. We've tried treats, and he only walks far enough to get the treat, then sits down again...any suggestions? We started him on the leash by just getting him used to it with it just around his neck and he did fine with that. He's fine with running around with it hanging.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I would start with a tossing treats. Toss it, he eats it, toss another, he eats it. Toss a toy he wants. I would make sure to release him to get the treat. Ok get it. Ok get it Ok get it.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Sometimes they just need to get used to having the leash on, have you let him run around and drag the leash to get used to being attached to it?

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,522 Posts
Coco did not like to walk on a leash when she was a pup. She got used to it by having it on her in the house and dragging it behind her. When she was learning to walk outside on a leash I had my kids and their friends run in front of her and call her. When she walked to them she got lots of praise, cuddles and some treats. This seemed to do the trick and she quickly learned to walk on a leash!! Good luck.:butfly:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts