Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is her description on petfinder:

"Midnight" is pictured here, as pretty as Cinderella at the ball. She attended an Adopt-a-Thon but no one knew her secret. When the clock struck twelve, she would be returned home. "Home" is a dog house on her owner's vacated property. They moved and left Midnight behind. This beautiful Doberman Pinscher was used for breeding and had served her purpose. A caretaker watches the property and animal rescue volunteers visit her regularly to make sure she has food and water. She was taken to a vet, spayed and brought up to date with her vaccinations. Midnight is tied to her doghouse now, waiting for a real home. Contrary to her formidable appearance, she is very sweet, friendly, well-behaved and nine (9) years young. Please be her fairy godmother and grant her this one simple wish. All she wants is you.

She is absolutely beautiful...her location on Petfinder is eastport NY and appears to be a part of RSVP Inc. Her situation, as you can tell from the above description is just heartbreaking...living alone in a dog house. If I could, I would snatch her up in a heartbeat but we live in a condo with one dobe already and we cannot have another dog. We will be moving hopefully in July and if she is still available, one of my first things after moving would be to drive to NY and grab her. I'm hoping that she will find a home before then, though, hence why I am posting this on the forum. Her picture is beautiful.

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Eastport, NY | Midnight

If that link doesn't work, her number is 20276456

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I don't understand why she is kept there? Couldn't they find a fost or Doberman rescue in the meantime :( I know they are probably filled to the brim, but I just shiver at the thought of her there, alone and defending for herself tied to limited space.

Hope someone can pull her out soon!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Oh how I wish I could do something, I will pray that someone can help her and soon. No dog should be left alone and certainly not tied up, this poor girl must be so miserable.

Please guys, surely one of you can help her or know someone who can.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Well isn't that just a delightful situation for a beautiful 9 year old girl...:mad:

I don't get it either, they took her to an adoptathon and then took her back and tied her up?? WTF?

Crap, why do I have to be so far away.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Poor baby. I don't understand why they left her either. That must be horrible for her mental state... I doubt she's on a very nice set-up, I bet she doesn't have a very nice doghouse, and I bet she's not getting the walks, exercise, and attention she needs. They really need to do something with her.

·
Registered
416 Posts
WTH is wrong with people ? How could someone do that ?I would have thought someone would have grabbed her up quick. She is beautifull.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
New York isn't exactly warm either. :( I don't understand why they had to take bring her back to her jail cell either. Can you imagine?

She looks like a really sweet heart.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Down on Long Island, I think it tends to be "okay", but not warm enough in my opinion :( It's been a mild winter, at least. I don't know why they brought her back either, especially if the intent is to whisk her away to a new home anyway.

Hope she starts getting calls!

Edit: actually, she's still listed on PetFinder but not on the RSVP website: Dogs for adoption.I wonder if that means she did find a home?

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,346 Posts
I went ahead and sent an e-mail and message to DDR because they cover PA, NJ, and NY but have not heard anything yet. I really don't know the proper procedure and rules for pulling a dog. I will wait to hear from them and then maybe also send a message to DAN. I would be willing to help with expenses getting her to rescue. This just breaks my heart, as they all do, but at 9 years old she should be in a warm and safe place.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Can someone call DARE?

This is her description on petfinder:

"Midnight" is pictured here, as pretty as Cinderella at the ball. She attended an Adopt-a-Thon but no one knew her secret. When the clock struck twelve, she would be returned home. "Home" is a dog house on her owner's vacated property. They moved and left Midnight behind. This beautiful Doberman Pinscher was used for breeding and had served her purpose. A caretaker watches the property and animal rescue volunteers visit her regularly to make sure she has food and water. She was taken to a vet, spayed and brought up to date with her vaccinations. Midnight is tied to her doghouse now, waiting for a real home. Contrary to her formidable appearance, she is very sweet, friendly, well-behaved and nine (9) years young. Please be her fairy godmother and grant her this one simple wish. All she wants is you.

She is absolutely beautiful...her location on Petfinder is eastport NY and appears to be a part of RSVP Inc. Her situation, as you can tell from the above description is just heartbreaking...living alone in a dog house. If I could, I would snatch her up in a heartbeat but we live in a condo with one dobe already and we cannot have another dog. We will be moving hopefully in July and if she is still available, one of my first things after moving would be to drive to NY and grab her. I'm hoping that she will find a home before then, though, hence why I am posting this on the forum. Her picture is beautiful.

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Eastport, NY | Midnight

If that link doesn't work, her number is 20276456
Can somoene call DARE for her??? Dobermans are the most wonderful dogs! They are so loyal how can you treat her like that.

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,346 Posts
Just sent an e-mail to this group: RSVP Inc. (Responsible Solutions for Valued Pets), Eastport, NY to check if she is still available and in need. She is still showing up on the link but not on the group's web site. I had contacted DDR and they got back to me saying she is not showing up and maybe not available anymore. Anyone else have any other suggestions, please PM me. I am hoping and praying someone adopted her and she is safe inside.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Just sent an e-mail to this group: RSVP Inc. (Responsible Solutions for Valued Pets), Eastport, NY to check if she is still available and in need. She is still showing up on the link but not on the group's web site. I had contacted DDR and they got back to me saying she is not showing up and maybe not available anymore. Anyone else have any other suggestions, please PM me. I am hoping and praying someone adopted her and she is safe inside.
I was thinking of emailing them as well, because I wanted to do a blog post about her, but not without knowing whether she was still in the same situation.

Hopefully somebody got her! :nicejob:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, I'm really glad to see all the response Midnight has gotten. It never even occurred to me that I could contact another rescue (doh!) but thanks to a PM from Dobbie23 I did (also) send an e-mail to RSVP to ask about Midnight's situation. This was before I saw that Dax had sent an e-mail already...hopefully one of us will get a response! If not, I will try giving them a call and keep this thread updated on any information I get.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmmm...

I just heard back from RSVP and from what they said it sounds like she is being fostered but she doesn't have an actual home yet. Still, that's much better than her previous situation appeared to be! I'm happy that it seems like she at least has a foster home.

The e-mail I got back from RSVP:

Thank you so much for your generous offer.

Midnight was essentially abandoned.

We were able to find a place for her, but are still searching for a permanent home.

She has been through alot and her guardians are being extra careful in finding the right home.

RSVP is always looking for foster homes.

There are so many dogs in need, some in situations similar to what Midnight experienced.

Our volunteers check on them regularly and provide basic needs.

Where are you located?

If you are on Long Island, maybe you would like to volunteer in some capacity.

Even if it is just to put up flyers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts