Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be moving to Austin, TX in a couple of months for a new job, and will need to be renting an apartment downtown close to work (so renting a house from a private owner doesn't really seem like an option at this point..if at ALL possible). I personally have a renters insurance plan that specifically covers my doberman, but does anyone know of any good apartments that specifically don't have breed restrictions or are willing to compromise in the case of a very well behaved and friendly dog with insurance coverage?

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
this seems to be fairly universal, but look for private rentals...usually houses, rather than apartments, but occasionally you'll find a condo owned by a person instead of a company. you'll probably want to contact a real estate agent for help with this.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
You will need to look at private rentals and/or going some organization that can help find an apartment that fits your specifications. There are apartments in the area that don't have those breed restrictions but they are few and far between. The only ones that I am aware of are north of the city and at least 25 min from downtown (on days with no traffic). Sorry :(

You could also reach out to the Greater Austin Doberman Pinscher Club. They might know better than I do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts