Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I adopted my beautiful lil girl about a month ago. The shelter told me she was a 1 year old Shepard/ husky mix but I think they were way off. She was at a kill shelter before she was transferred there so they don't have any records of her lineage, they were simply guessing. She is 41lbs and my vet believes her to be about 10 or 11 months old. I think she looks like a dobby or rott mix. What do you guys think? Thanks for the feedback! :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Look at the eyes...that's a common husky trait. So definitely some husky in her.

She looks like she's got a pretty thick coat on her too....my guess would be shep/husky as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input guys! The reason I doubt Shepard is because her coat is short and silky. Wouldn't she have longer hair if she was a Shepard/husky? Also, at ~1 she is really small for those breeds. No one thinks she has some dobby in her?

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,067 Posts
I could guess husky/rottie--the bi-colored eyes are so common in huskies, but her rump and face have a rottie look to them. I don't see doberman though.

Of course, there's no reason why she can't be a mix of more than two breeds--that is perhaps the most likely mix of all.

Whatever she is she looks even tempered and happy--and that is what counts, after all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awh thank you!! Very sweet- and I definitely will. I love dobbies! I think they are just awesome. Thanks everyone for the insight! I might just have to buy a DNA test for this one - my curiosity might get the better of me :) But she is the sweetest little thing, which is definitely what counts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,067 Posts
Oh--saying this with no ill intent and in the best possible humor--Dobby is the house elf in the Harry Potter books--the correct spelling according to doberman aficionados is "dobe" and "dobes" :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh--saying this with no ill intent and in the best possible humor--Dobby is the house elf in the Harry Potter books--the correct spelling according to doberman aficionados is "dobe" and "dobes" :D
oops! Well I am a HP freak so I'm sure that is where I got that idea from. I think I've seen "dobbie" quite a bit around the internet

·
Love the Nub
4,897 Posts
What a beauty! I def. think there's husky in her and shepherd. The only thing thing that makes me think there could be a little dobe in there as well is the chest markings. What a cutie!

·
Got mutt?
13,643 Posts
Welcome to DT.

What a PRETTY baby. My guess would be Siberian Husky X Rotti, with maybe a dash of something else. Sibes aren't really big dogs, with bitches being around 20 to 22 inches tall, and weighing 35 to 50 pounds. For that matter, Rotties aren't supposed to be monster-sized dogs either, at 22 to 25 inches tall for bitches.

DNA tests to check for a dog's breed ancestry are notoriously inaccurate--don't waste your cash. :)
^^^^ Case in point, my "Bulldog mix".
The girls 5-7-14 049 edit by RBElwell, on Flickr

And feel free to hang around. I've got two dogs, neither of whom is a Dobe, and I won't be getting a Dobe in the foreseeable future.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts