Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just last week I about ripped off Mark and Jordan's lips for playing soccer in the living room. Jordan kicked the ball, the ball hit a clock my best friend gave us for our first anniversary... ARRRGGGG, thankfully the clock didn't break... BUT THEN...
Chihiro (and I swear I've never seen a dog do this before) was whipping her toy around the other day and throwing it around... Guess what it smashed? This clock sat on a shelf about 5 1/2 feet up on top of the computer desk's book shelf. Guess Timex didn't use Doberman puppies in their "takes a lickin'" test...
I've noticed her doing this more and more lately, tossing her toys around... It's incredibly cute and I love that she can entertain herself so well but wowie wow she can be destructive! Do your dogs do it? Is it a Doberman thing or just a big dog thing that I've never noticed before?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ava throws her toys. The heavier the toy, the more she throws it. It's not fun unless she breaks something in the process. :)

One time she was throwing a stuffy around and it landed in my cereal bowl. It ruined my breakfast but she looked so pleased with herself, there was no way I could be mad. ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
oh boy does harvey throw..he has this soft very long and heavy toy snake..which he usually shakes around 'killing it' i guess then timing it just right lauches it towards my precious cherished teddies ornaments..sending me into a dive to try and catch the snake before it hits the target lol

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Lexy throws her toys as long as they are long and whip like toys! Like long rope toys. She also whips them from side to side so they hit her sides.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Gracie does that all the time. In our computer room the wall doesn't go all the way up to the ceiling, I have 10 foot ceilings in the livingroom/office. (Two or three feet of the wall is missing at the top.) Gracie was whipping a toy in the living room, she threw it and it went up and over the wall, hit her cage, then bounced off and hit my husband. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Now for her to get it over the wall is nothing anymore. But the first time you should have seen the look on her face. :3dbiggrin

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Twinkletoes said:
oh boy does harvey throw..he has this soft very long and heavy toy snake..which he usually shakes around 'killing it' i guess then timing it just right lauches it towards my precious cherished teddies ornaments..sending me into a dive to try and catch the snake before it hits the target lol

Beautiful Harvery would never do such things like that! How could you accuse him of such things? ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
lmao oh believe me he does ~ the look on his face is priceless
... the worst thing he does is when he whips around his rope and catches me in the sweet spot just behind the knee and then watches mum tearfully dragging her leg back into the house :help_up_2

·
Registered
323 Posts
GKar has never hit anything with his throws but he always plays by himself in the livingroom/dining room which is fairly empty so there are not anything to break. Cheweez and dog bones are his favorite thngs to throw. He has the happiest look on his face when he catches whatever he throws and then looks hurt when you laugh at him.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Loki loves to throw his toys. He whips them from side to side, often hitting himself. He is also known for giving black eyes. I am a public defender so I often defend people accused of domestic violence. You can imagine my embarrassment the next day after going to work and attending morning court, having to explain that my Dobe gave me the black eye...not my husband. The judge and prosecutor did get a kick out of it. But as I always say "Dobe love is rough love."

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:bouncesgr

slandaker said:
Loki loves to throw his toys. He whips them from side to side, often hitting himself. He is also known for giving black eyes. I am a public defender so I often defend people accused of domestic violence. You can imagine my embarrassment the next day after going to work and attending morning court, having to explain that my Dobe gave me the black eye...not my husband. The judge and prosecutor did get a kick out of it. But as I always say "Dobe love is rough love."

·
Registered
232 Posts
TracyJo said:
Just last week I about ripped off Mark and Jordan's lips for playing soccer in the living room. Jordan kicked the ball, the ball hit a clock my best friend gave us for our first anniversary... ARRRGGGG, thankfully the clock didn't break... BUT THEN...
Chihiro (and I swear I've never seen a dog do this before) was whipping her toy around the other day and throwing it around... Guess what it smashed? This clock sat on a shelf about 5 1/2 feet up on top of the computer desk's book shelf. Guess Timex didn't use Doberman puppies in their "takes a lickin'" test...
I've noticed her doing this more and more lately, tossing her toys around... It's incredibly cute and I love that she can entertain herself so well but wowie wow she can be destructive! Do your dogs do it? Is it a Doberman thing or just a big dog thing that I've never noticed before?

if they ever do throw their toys it seems like more of an accident, they shake there head very fast though and try to grab it and hold it w their arms

·
Registered
365 Posts
Love all your stories of dobe violence and mayhem. :) Jeddah does a kind of a flick throw that lands her toy right at my feet. But then it's the old stiff legged drag the paw down the front of your leg trick (when she's trying to paw the toy back to herself), that really kills me. Now you don't just do this once, no, usually a couple of good pawing actions will get Mum making that really.....really.........loud......noise. Commonly known as a scream in our language. :sobbing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts