Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the summer at the dog park, most owners bring water for their pooches to drink while playing in the heat. We all consider water bowels to be public domain. Well, my little girl started to try to stick her head in the bowels and of course would just splash water around and upset the bowels. Some of the owners did not think this was funny. Well, after some serious observations and alot of embarrassment, I purchased a good size and deep cooler that was able to hold about 3 gallons of water. Once I put that out in the dog park, she dunk her head. She used this everytime she wanted to cool her self down. She left all the other waters bowels alone after that. Problem solved. Even monkey see, monkey do happemed. A few of the other dogs learned to dunk their heads too. Their owners we not amused, but all water dishes were saved.

Check out the clips.....

http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=DA5B248B15A29174

http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=B9BD8688264B3C3F

http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=41BAA839DA3EDAE0

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ahhhhh...that's too funny! Mine do the head-dunk, nose bubble-blowing thing!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks for that Kratty. I've got tears from laughing so hard! Nikita is just gorgeous. That's made my day!

It must be a dobe thing. We've always been amazed that Jeddah can get wet between her ears while having a drink. LOL

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the compliments on my girl. Yes, I believe this is a Dobie thing. Most people think she is smart to do this when she gets hot. She only has done this at the Dog Park, on hot days, after she has been running around alot. She drinks normally at home, or as normally as it gets. She still likes to walk away from her water dish with a mouth full of water and forgets to swallow, which ends up dripping from her mouth. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
My girl dunks her head too...she is a little bit more gentle doing it though. Haha! those videos made me laugh!!! She was totally hogging the water bowl!!! lol and wasting it!!! hahaa...the other dogs were probably like "jeez who does that dog think she is hogging the water like that!???" haha. So funny! It makes me miss the warm weather too!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Kratty said:
Thank you for the compliments on my girl. Yes, I believe this is a Dobie thing. Most people think she is smart to do this when she gets hot. She only has done this at the Dog Park, on hot days, after she has been running around alot. She drinks normally at home, or as normally as it gets. She still likes to walk away from her water dish with a mouth full of water and forgets to swallow, which ends up dripping from her mouth. Thanks again.
:3dbiggrin That's histarical! What a comic! Lexus is a water slob, she splashes EVERYWHERE while she drinks, and walks away like your girl, with water dripping the entire way! On a good day (for her!) she can make it from the water dish to the other end of the house and still manage to drip water down her momma's legs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts