Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,874 Posts
Uh.. Todd. There's no way that you are going to convince a bunch of folks who live and breathe Dobermans that a "cream and white" Doberman is not albino. Kind of like your not going convince a bunch of Blues fanatics that Johnny Winter is "cream and white" LOL...

Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo baby!

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

Edit to say: Darn bug! We can't "convince" them AND they can't "convince" us.
Yeah, I know...DANG!

dobebug
My bad, I thought that z factor was synonymous with the albino gene. Sort of like a shorthand way of marking the dog as a carrier. I spoke with a geneticist and he explained that the primarily melanistic coloring would have to come from dogs with an albino ancestor because it is what allows for complete dominance of the primary color opposed to having co-dominance which creates the markings.
I don't know how successful I'm going to be in explaining this since I'm not a geneticist but. There was an older theory about how melanism in the Doberman works. It has absolutely nothing to do with having albino ancestors. Albinism is an overlay not a matter of dominance at all. It is a masking color (actually a masking non-color) which obscures the actual coat color--prior to the development of an actual gene test for albinism if you gene tested an albino the results would come back as black, red, blue or fawn. That's because you were testing for the base color and you didn't have a way to test for the masking genetics of albinism.

But it still boils down to something you need to also know about the tan marking genetics. The tan marking is part of an array of possibilities. It can be as isolated an area as a saddle or the typical Doberman pattern of feet/legs, muzzle, chest markings, butt markings, eyebrow dots and even in a Dobe those can vary in size. But in a melanistic Doberman something is awry with that pattern and it allows the coat color to leak into the normally clean tan (or rust) markings.

The fact that if you gene tested albino dogs for color because what the results would come up as would be the underlying color--endless breeders of albino dogs insisted that the dogs weren't albino's at all and they could prove it with a coat color genetic test.

It enough to make you want to bang your head against the nearest wall.

dobebug

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Todd you want some proven truths? If your kennel names on the puppies and you are the one selling them, then the puppies came from you and had parvo. I don't care if you shipped them in from the moon. They have your name and you're responsible. END. OF. STORY. Your displaced blame is sickening to the core. It's too bad you don't know enough about parvo to understand what needs to happen to get rid of it. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of your nasty breeding program. You're like the doberman version of that tiger king guy, straight up garbage.

Want another truth, and do know this is the actual definition of truth and not the lies you live in and tell your puppy buyers. You flat out lied and you were flat out caught. Sorry I haven't had time to post as I've been meaning too but , I've been out showing and competing with my dogs. You lied to your puppy buyer and said Dr. Deturck cropped a puppy that she never cropped! You lied to the point of meeting the puppy buyer in Erin's PARKING LOT!!!! What a despicable move that is! How low of a human being does one have to be to do that?!? Too bad for you that we sent pictures of the puppy's crop to Erin and she was appalled that you would ever claim your horribly cropped puppies would be of her doing. I think she might have cropped that albino litter for you in the past but I think you're safe bc I now doubt she will EVER crop a puppy for you ever again. I would say it's a shame, as I do feel bad for your puppies, but IMO it's one more step towards ending your program.

Want more truth? We've now had 3 of your puppies turned into rescue, THIS YEAR! One of the buyers that had a puppy of yours that died of parvo called me crying. I HAD TO DO FOR THAT PERSON WHAT YOU AREN'T MAN ENOUGH OR HUMAN ENOUGH TO DO!!!! SHOW A LITTLE COMPASSION AND EMPATHY. BECAUSE YOU AREN'T CAPABLE. BECAUSE YOU DON'T CARE. YOU ARE A PUPPY MILL OF THE WORST FORM! YOU ARE LITERALLY DESPICABLE IN EVERY SINGLE WAY POSSIBLE. No worries, I lined her up with a good, caring, compassionate breeder, that will not only sell a healthy puppy but be a lifetime of support for the buyer and the puppy.

I should also add that at one point, a few years ago, Todd tried to turn his own dogs over to rescue. You really can't even make this stuff up. It's all so sad and angering to me. The worst part is he charges what a reputable breeder charges and people think they're paying for healthy well bred dobes.

·
Big Lil pup
6,961 Posts
Gee... I get the feeling that Todd showing up here wasn't such a smart move on his part. Kind of like when your lawyer tries to convince you that it is not in your best interest to testify at your own trial.

Oh... And Karen... Remind me never to piss you off. Okay? LOL

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Gee... I get the feeling that Todd showing up here wasn't such a smart move on his part. Kind of like when your lawyer tries to convince you that it is not in your best interest to testify at your own trial.

Oh... And Karen... Remind me never to piss you off. Okay? LOL

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR
What gives you the impression that he's pissed me off ;)

I actually rewrote that 3x to take out cuss words so Meadowcat or Mel didn't take the comment down lol.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts