Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,935 Posts
Ideally we have them stay with friends, but when that doesn't work out we also have a great place that we board them, where they are at day care during the day (friendly dogs get to do this), and get to sleep together at night. We bring our beds from home, a few toys, they get cookies before bed each night. ;) They do just fine. But we did our research first.

· Dobes stole my heart <3
3,446 Posts
I boarded Mysti the first time in a place called Bark-a-Bout, which was a facility that put the dogs into groups and let them romp and play, depending on their preference to other dogs, mostly big dogs with like and so on. She stayed overnight and came home and we did not know about her reaction to stress with her Addison's Disease at the time and we almost lost her to an Addisonian episode. We thought she was just overly tired, until I came home from work that Monday and she was comatose on the floor. After that, she went to a boarding facility run by a veterinarian office, no interaction with other dogs, and watched over by vet techs and an on call Vet 24/7. She was also on Prednisone 4 days prior to our trip, during the whole trip and for 4 days after we came home, and we had no problem with her boarding that time.
When we boarded Nexus we took her to the same place, which is called Serenity, and she had a great time there, it is a private kennel area, with outdoor access, so she could be kept separate from other dogs, which with Nexus is important as she is not dog friendly, and you can get different size "apartments", also you can get a TV if you wish, no extra charge in the room we got for Mysti, and they have web cam monitoring as well for a small fee in case you have a dog which requires monitoring. If we need to leave our dogs again, we will take them there, you can get a space for 2 dogs to board them together, and a discount for the 2nd dog.

Reactions: Sherryh

· Registered
3,618 Posts
I'm so glad you're going to Orlando one of my favorite places to shop...LOL! Dress cool with a sweater in the evenings. There's so many things to see I can't name them all. Blessings on you and your family!! Your dog will be fine.

I have family that come over and stay with Devon so she's never been boarded. If I had to board her I would send her to my friend her former owner. Also the vet has known Devon since birth she is the vet that saved her life as a baby dobe.So I have lots of choices............

· Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm so glad you're going to Orlando one of my favorite places to shop...LOL! Dress cool with a sweater in the evenings. There's so many things to see I can't name them all. Blessings on you and your family!! Your dog will be fine.

I have family that come over and stay with Devon so she's never been boarded. If I had to board her I would send her to my friend her former owner. Also the vet has known Devon since birth she is the vet that saved her life as a baby dobe.So I have lots of choices............
We LOVE Orlando :) We go at least twice a year! Hopefully next time Gunner can come with us!

· sandy2233
2,536 Posts
I'm spoiled. I work at a vet clinic and my dogs go with me to work. So the clinic really is their 2nd home. I wanted them to be able to be without me and not stress about it and this is where they stay. A word of advice about bringing your own beds, whatever...sometimes dogs get REALLY mad and will tear apart anything that you bring them. Just make sure there is some type of monitoring so they don't ingest anything they are not supposed to. Good Luck.

· Registered
228 Posts
Day Care first

We've boarded Levi for a day or two. The one he's gone to does doggie day care, and requires him to go there for temperament checking first. When we've brought him for the day he's so excited to go play with the other dogs I can barely hold him back! After a night or two, he's of course equally as excited to be going home, but none the worse for wear. Just very very tired when we pick him up, it's a beautiful thing. :)

· of Ferret Rock
1,674 Posts
When I've boarded Delta it's been at the same place she does caycare occasionally. I really like that, since they know her and they know which other dogs she can safely play with. Also, they have a freezer and don't mind feeding raw.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.