Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today our kids found one of Kilos' teeth on the floor. I figured puppies lose puppy teeth but my wife thinks that they never lose teeth so that the bigger ones can grow in. Who's right?

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
yes it is normal
Like humans, dogs have two sets of teeth in their lives. The 28 baby teeth erupt through the gums between the third and sixth weeks of age. Puppies do not have to grind much food, so they do not have molars. Puppy teeth begin to shed and be replaced by permanent adult teeth at about four months of age. Although there is some variation in breeds, most adult dogs have 42 teeth, with the molars coming last, at about six or seven months.
www.canismajor.com/dog/teeth.html

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I wish I could have found Mensa's puppy teeth after she lost them, but knowing her, she probably ate them.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I've found kitten and puppy teeth all around.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
We have a collection of puppy teeth from every one of our dogs that we have owned since we were married.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Yep, Orson swallowed or ate most of his, but we did manage to find a couple.
I tried to give one to my 7 year old to put under his pillow to "trick" the tooth fairy and he said..........."No way mom, she will probably leave me a dog biscuit!" LOL :)

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Cleo was the youngest in her puppy class and was losing teeth every week there. Anytime anybody found a tooth they knew it was hers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts