Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few days Lexie has been having a blast jumping around on my pool cover. It's one of those trampoline covers so when she goes on it, it sinks down to about mid-leg. She sticks her head under water. She even jumps and loves to get splashed. Do Dobes usually like the water? If so, my pool has a liner and I dont want her to rip it when we open it. Are there water shoes for dogs?
Lisa

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess has only been to a little pond that she atleast walked in because all the other dogs were JUMPING in haha.
but at the house we have a kiddy pool that we fill up...and when she is hot she will walk over to it...walk in it...spin spin around...and then dunk her nose...and then walk out :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Our male, Gunny will jump into the shallow end where he can stand and jump out. Our oldest girl, Maggie will jump in and swim. She likes to do laps and play with our son in the pool. She does this when no one is around also. Some say a dog is like 20-50 people in a pool when it comes time clean it..... It’s true!

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Petey will wade in, up to his chest...he loves it. The other day he was on a float at the pond and some how he fell off head first into the water. He came up covered with slim, all hanging off his posted ears....soooo funny!

Carol

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Sadly mine go against the rules. They think they will melt in the smallest amount of puddle. They think that the pool that I bought them to wade in for the summer is an oversized water bowl. Atleast it gets some use.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Java went chest-deep into the ocean in SC, and could spend an hour biting the water from the hose or sprinklers - it is the funniest thing to watch. She gets absolutely soaked. LOVES her kiddie pool, will try and empty it with her paws. But let one drop of rain fall from the sky and she almost refuses to go out to do her business...

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
LOVES her kiddie pool, will try and empty it with her paws. But let one drop of rain fall from the sky and she almost refuses to go out to do her business...
yeah thats how duchess is! lol but thankfully we have the kennel...but coco is afraid of rainy stormy days...so yesterday I tried to let duchess how with coco so that he would go in the yard...but she isnt much of a role model when she arches her back, panics, and hops right back inside lol. :)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
That is a beautiful picture Shaishai.

Mine are okay with it. My boxer Loooooooooves water. Rommel is getting better, he will run in the ocean after a ball. Ziris, eh...she could take it or leave it. The waves weird her out a bit. She will run in after a ball though also.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Java wasn't too sure of the waves at first either, and only went in chest-deep because she was following my son and his buddy into the water. I don't think she's crazy about water when she can't see the bottom.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Mine do, to some degree. Both like to get their feet wet, but neither are too thrilled about getting deeper thant heir chests unless they've got their vest on!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Rudi HATES water........He'll get into the tub for a bath but hates every minute of it. I took him to a large lake east of town. He didn't want to go in past his ankles, but I led him out as deep as his chest. I tried to get him to go further, then he started trying to do the doggie paddle iin the air and I looked like I had been slashed on my chest and legs by Freddie Krueger. It looked worse than it felt. He runs from the garden hose if I break it out to water my flower beds...maybe it's because I try to squirt him with it. Guess there is no dock diving in his future. LOL

Rudi likes things warm and dry as evidenced by my sig below! LOL

Shaishai-I hate the color of that water.
DD-I can't believe Doodle doesn't ham it up in the water every chance he gets. Our miniature poodle (while I was growing up) loved to swim.....until she got too fat. She nose dived off my dad's boat into the lake....she started to sink. We jumped in to save her. After that, she earned an adjustable doggie life vest...just incase she got even fatter, but she didn't.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Bumpy has only been to the ocean once, there is a dog beach about an hour away from me. My dogwalker took him and he went chest deep and enjoyed it from what I am told. I can't keep my younger pit out of the water...she actually rides the waves in on her belly. It is the cutest thing ever. I have to keep the bathroom door closed when I take a bath because she jumps in. Needless to say bath time with her is easy. Bumpy on the other hand screams bloody murder when it is bath time, flails all fours like a maniac and it takes two of us to get him in the tub. It is a nightmare. Thank God Dobes don't need baths often or I would lose my mind. I have even given him treats in the tub, he just spits them out at me. Fun times!!

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
So far, Red doesn't seem very thrilled with water. It rained ALL DAY today and I think Red thinks he'll melt in it or something. He wouldn't even walk out onto the wet deck - I had to carry him into the yard so he would pee, otherwise he would just stand in the doorway and not budge.

Also, he was NOT impressed with his bath today either. He stood there relatively paralyzed and shaking. Poor little guy. Maybe he'll grow out of it.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Isabelle is anti-swimming pool. She refuses to go in it - she has fallen in a few times and knows where the steps are. She loves her kiddie pool and the sprinkler. She will walk through puddles but only if she is on a leash - She too believes that one drop of rain will cause her to melt and getting her to potty in the rain is quite a challenge.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
DD-I can't believe Doodle doesn't ham it up in the water every chance he gets. Our miniature poodle (while I was growing up) loved to swim.....until she got too fat. She nose dived off my dad's boat into the lake....she started to sink. We jumped in to save her. After that, she earned an adjustable doggie life vest...just incase she got even fatter, but she didn't.
He does not live up to his water dog reputation. He takes his identity crisis a bit too far sometimes. He does stand out in the rain unlike the others to come in soaking wet. Sometimes I think it is more out of confusion. That is as far as his water goes for him.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Mine like water. They are good swimmers too.
I have one that is a total water dog, the hose, a water bottle, a bath being filled, just anything that squirts water or has water he is crazy about.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts