Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that you can identify if your Doberman carries the albino gene if they have a Z in their AKC number. Does anyone here have a Doberman that carries that? Is it acceptable as long as the Doberman is not Albino?

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Im asking for example Duke is a black dobe, I dont have his papers with me but I think he might be a Z factored Dobe. His mom was red, father black and no littermates where white. Im asking I guess is he ok to compete, will he suffer from those problems of the albino? but not to breed right? I am coming to find I didnt really get Duke from a good breeder. I still love him im just worried.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know I thought I did all my homework before buying a dog and I missed this one thing. I know for sure his father was ok but the mothers history was a bit shakey im a reviewing everything right now. The breeder was new. Either way I wont breed him, I was just curious if a Z factored dobe is not uncommon as far as a pet goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.