Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...my pup Hero just turned 4 months and as of yesterday his nose started to run here and there clear so I figured no big deal but then later on and this a/m it is a light greenish color so I called the vet and have a appt for 4:15 but was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what it could be or if anyone has ever had these kind of symptoms before. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
29,611 Posts
Sounds to me like he could have something stuck up in his nose--a bit of a leaf or perhaps a few grass seeds--particularly if he is sneezing or pawing at his nose a lot--but I'm not a vet.
Glad you're going to a REAL vet later today--good luck and keep us posted what he says.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Does he have a cough? If he starts to cough it could be kennel cough. Even if he gets the Kennel Cough Vaccine he could still get kennel cough. The vaccine covers about 10-14 strains of cough there are like 40+ strains of kennel cough.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just got back from vets....URI...treating with amoxicillin (hope I spelled that right) for 10 days....his temp was normal and his chest sounded great so now I can rest.....:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.