Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...my pup Hero just turned 4 months and as of yesterday his nose started to run here and there clear so I figured no big deal but then later on and this a/m it is a light greenish color so I called the vet and have a appt for 4:15 but was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what it could be or if anyone has ever had these kind of symptoms before. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,901 Posts
Sounds to me like he could have something stuck up in his nose--a bit of a leaf or perhaps a few grass seeds--particularly if he is sneezing or pawing at his nose a lot--but I'm not a vet.
Glad you're going to a REAL vet later today--good luck and keep us posted what he says.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Does he have a cough? If he starts to cough it could be kennel cough. Even if he gets the Kennel Cough Vaccine he could still get kennel cough. The vaccine covers about 10-14 strains of cough there are like 40+ strains of kennel cough.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no cough and just a sneeze here and there!!! maybe a sinus infection?? i hope nothing serious because i am paranoid....:(

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got back from vets....URI...treating with amoxicillin (hope I spelled that right) for 10 days....his temp was normal and his chest sounded great so now I can rest.....:)

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
glad to hear it was something that can be treated rather easily. :thumbs-up:

Reactions: SARGE2008

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
just got back from vets....URI...treating with amoxicillin (hope I spelled that right) for 10 days....his temp was normal and his chest sounded great so now I can rest.....:)
Just watch if he develops a cough or if he not better in 2-3 days for a re-check. The antibiotics should take care of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts