Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I am still quite new here. More of a lurker than anything. I want a Dobe so desperately! Hoping to make the dream come true sometime within the next year or so. :) Will be buying my first home in the summer and am researching the crap out of breeders, as I would love to have one lined up asap, even if I have to wait forever for a pup.

I've come across DI'Limbazi, but would like input if anyone can tell me more about them. Website seems okay. I have yet to contact anyone there though - thought I would ask you fine folks first!
Has anyone got a puppy from here, or had any experience with this breeder otherwise? Any other suggestions would be of huge help.

And I do apologize, I know I posted a somewhat similar post not too long ago. I am just having a hard time finding any breeders in my area that have any plans of pups before 2014. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
They seem awfully new to the world of dogs to be making more dogs, already.

And, I think it's a little bit odd that they are taking deposits/reservations on litters for which the sire they intend to use has not even been identified...
I agree with this.

When I was looking for a puppy and knew I had to put a deposit down I really didnt' want to give a large sum of money for a puppy that wasn't even born yet. I did consider it, at one point, but I REALLY liked the breeder (quite reputable, beautiful dogs), knew a ton about the two dogs that had been breed, and knew that the pregnancy actually took. It seems like you're asking for trouble if they want you to give them money for puppies that haven't been born yet out of an unknown father.

They're dogs are pretty but they don't seem to do a TON with them. They're all titled, it seems, before being imported.

What I really don't like is that it seems that the female they're breeding this spring they either don't yet have or JUST got. They say on her page that she'll be joining them in Spring 2012 and then they're breeding her in April/May. It may not be bad practice but I can't imagine the stress of traveling, switching homes, switching people, and then dealing with a pregnancy and litter.

That's just me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! There were a couple things that bothered me, but since I am pretty un-knowledgable about breeders, thought I'd come here. I want a puppy desperately, and am trying to hard not to let that cloud my judgement. :)
I am learning little by little what to look for when it comes to breeders. Some days I feel like I'm in over my head, but I know when I get my pup it will be worth it!
Again, thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
8,337 Posts
don't know anything about them, but would never personally put a deposit down until the litter was on the ground and I knew that they had a puppy for me - ie: the sex and color I wanted.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
How can one know if they want a puppy from THAT (or any) litter if the sire isn't announced or chosen?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I have heard that at least one of the dogs they are working is decent, as I am very familiar with members of the Sch club they are attending. It does look like they are trying to do the right things, but am with everyone else, that taking deposits on litters that are not even bred yet seems kind of strange to me. As far as the dogs, overall I think you could do a lot worse.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is from the web site so I dont know where this taking deposits before puppys are born is coming into place. I think a lost worse is out there then this. Has anyone contacted the breeder directly and spoken with them :confused:

All show/breeding prospect puppies will be sold on a co-own contract ONLY, All pet quality pups are sold on a spay/neuter and not for breeding contract.
A deposit of $500.00 will be required hold your puppy AFTER puppy's are born~ No puppy will be reserved until we receive the deposit. The deposits are not refundable. No exceptions.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
Geez, I hate it when breeders do this. So not polite! What's worse is when they start saying how amazing their dogs are like they are some uninterested 3rd party.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Geez, I hate it when breeders do this. So not polite! What's worse is when they start saying how amazing their dogs are like they are some uninterested 3rd party.
I often would love it if they came in and politely! (key word) just introduced and answered the questions we had, it alleviates any discrepancies and is much less rude than pretending to be someone else.....
I would love for her to introduce herself and address our concerns.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes I am the breeder. I asked a simple question as to if anyone has spoken to the breeder.
I am not here to get into a big pissing match with you all and to make mountains out of mole hills.

Many breeders do not advertise the sire to the breedings until they have taken place. I dont see where the big deal is. I feel that why advertise the male if the deed has not happened yet. Things can change and happen along the way. Many choose to or not to , Its not a crime either way.
As to the deposit none of the names of people I have have ever sent me a deposit. Nor did I ask for one before the puppy`s have been born. People have offered and I have told them no. Wait until the pups are here.

And Lorna from Incredibledobes No where in my post did I say how amazing my dogs were so please dont add things that were never said. ;)

I hope this answers your questions, even though I know it wont , you cant please everyone. I do take pride in my dogs and am trying to do my best.

·
MOATS
1,922 Posts
I often would love it if they came in and politely! (key word) just introduced and answered the questions we had, it alleviates any discrepancies and is much less rude than pretending to be someone else.....
I would love for her to introduce herself and address our concerns.
This. Times two.

Not only is it rude, but pretty unscrupulous as well. When someone starts off out of the gate being deceitful, it says everything I need to know about his / her character, and it ain't good.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
This is from the web site so I dont know where this taking deposits before puppys are born is coming into place. I think a lost worse is out there then this. Has anyone contacted the breeder directly and spoken with them :confused:
That was my fault, and I apologize... it was late, and my brain was befuddled. What you offer is the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list (not put down a deposit) prior to having any knowledge about who the sire of the puppies will be. I do still think it is kinda odd that the sire is kept incognito until the breeding has actually taken place... what is the reason for this?

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
That was my fault, and I apologize... it was late, and my brain was befuddled. What you offer is the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list (not put down a deposit) prior to having any knowledge about who the sire of the puppies will be. I do still think it is kinda odd that the sire is kept incognito until the breeding has actually taken place... what is the reason for this?
As a possible puppy owner, I agree and again HOW do you know you want to be on a waiting list without knowing who the sire is? HOW do you do research? How do you know it's the right match for you?

Sure things change. Sure litters don't happen. But how can people do research without knowing WHO a dog is bred to?

and WHY on earth would one pretend to be someone else or not the breeder? That's just crazy! That in itself would make me run and I do apologize for being blunt.

·
MOATS
1,922 Posts
Yes I am the breeder. I asked a simple question as to if anyone has spoken to the breeder.
I am not here to get into a big pissing match with you all and to make mountains out of mole hills.

Many breeders do not advertise the sire to the breedings until they have taken place. I dont see where the big deal is. I feel that why advertise the male if the deed has not happened yet. Things can change and happen along the way. Many choose to or not to , Its not a crime either way.
As to the deposit none of the names of people I have have ever sent me a deposit. Nor did I ask for one before the puppy`s have been born. People have offered and I have told them no. Wait until the pups are here.

And Lorna from Incredibledobes No where in my post did I say how amazing my dogs were so please dont add things that were never said. ;)

I hope this answers your questions, even though I know it wont , you cant please everyone. I do take pride in my dogs and am trying to do my best.

Maybe you should edit / revise the layout and language on your webpage given multiple folks misunderstood your intent. If you don't want to announce the sire of a planned breeding which has either not yet happened or not been confirmed (which, by the way, many breeders do disclose that information), that's fine, but then don't have any associated language about making reservations / deposits. Because, as stated, who wants to reserve a puppy only knowing half of the pedigree? That's a Kimbertal tactic, and a pretty slimy one at that.

Also, I don't see where Lorna / Incredibledobes said that you specifically said anything about your dogs, it was just a general statement about something that has happened on this forum previously.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I announced the first male I was going to breed to , but something happened on the stud dogs end and the breeding can not take place. Do to some DV rules in Germany. I feel now to announce the male again time and something happen along way again. I have no problem announcing who it is but I personally feel more comfortable waiting until the deed happens this time. Personal reason more then hiding, Hiding would have the litter on the ground and never post who the parents are.

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
Umm, don't put words in my mouth. Read my post again. Nowhere did I say you were doing that. My statement was in general. It has happened more than once.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts