Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a breeder called Lone Star Doberman which is very close to where I currently live. I searched for reviews and another one came up near Houston, which was given poor reviews. Anyone have experience with this breeder? They are located near El Paso, TX.

www.LoneStarDobermans.com - Home

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
No titles would put me off straight away, I wouldn't look at them any closer because of this.

Their website appears to be under construction, so their info about health testing may be missing, so I would ask about that first. Quick search of their dogs on dobequest and OFA didn't find anything.

So looks like a fail on the two most basic breeder tick boxes, never mind the myriad of other things that separate good and bad breeders.

Reactions: Adara

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
First, welcome from a fellow Texan :)

Based on the limited information available on this site I would not buy from them. As Disco said, there is no mention of health testing or titles and those are huge red flags. I also don't like how they mention breeding for Agility, Sch, and OB on the front page but there are no hints of it anywhere else on the site. Honestly, it looks like someone has a male and a female that they simply decided to breed and.they made a snazzy site for it.

Texas does have phenomenal breeders. My boy is from Rhapsody in Austin. There's also Merrimack, sun burg, Touchstone, and a few others and there are members on this forum who are very happy with their dogs from these breeders.

·
Got mutt?
13,824 Posts
Just took a quick glance at their site. a) it's dams, not dames a) their "sire" has a serious pocket in his right ear and c) what Disco and Patchwork said about the lack of titles and health testing

As for the Lonestar Dobermans in the Houston area, I wouldn't buy from them, either. I emailed back and forth with the owner a bit, and they had some major red flags.

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
A search has shown that there appears to be more than one Lonestar Dobermans in Tx. Both do not appear to be reputable.

Where in TX are you? EP?

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Just took a quick glance at their site. a) it's dams, not dames a) their "sire" has a serious pocket in his right ear and c) what Disco and Patchwork said about the lack of titles and health testing

As for the Lonestar Dobermans in the Houston area, I wouldn't buy from them, either. I emailed back and forth with the owner a bit, and they had some major red flags.
yes there is a Lonestar in the surrounding Houston area I would have bought a dog from them until I found this site...........both sites =this and theirs were found by simply googling

I read enough posts...other breeders have had bad experience with this person so I decided not to buy from them...plus the dog's ears look funny...poor things...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dobermannzwinger The lone star - About us - This is the reputable, responsible breeder, the other ones just copied the name, and dont breed anything but crap. But Andrea of The Lone Star, Health tests, Titles, and I think she is an ethical breeder.

the other's look just to be greeders selling hodgepodge dogs. From kennels known to export dogs to the US, if you have the money they don't care where the dog ends up.
Some of the dogs haves only partial health testing done, I don't know if they bought the dogs already tested and titled, or if they actually to it themselves. Handler owner trained.

Lone Star Dobermans - I found this lone star kennel and
www.LoneStarDobermans.com - Doberman History - and this other one with no Health testing or titles or reg. names listed.

The only kennel I'd recommend for "lone Star" - Dobermannzwinger The lone star

Her Contact

Dobermannzwinger The lone star

Andrea Heibeck
1303 Thompson Street
North Fort Myers, Florida 33903
United States of America

Home: 239-217-0306
Cell: 239-789-8822
[email protected]

JIMO

·
Take my Dobe, please!
2,566 Posts
You can do better than that (Houston) kennel. Here's why: http://www.dobermantalk.com/breeding-breeders/27517-kennel-name.html

Some Texas breeders you might want to look at include:
Merrimac / Nikki McClendon
Sunburg / Joanne & Mike Davis
Sunking /Judy King
Treus / Joe & Sara Lynch
Horizon / Rick & Linda George
Wynterwynd / Rebecca Christiansen
Touchstone / Alyssa Brotherhood

I volunteer for a Texas-wide Doberman rescue group can send you info on some great Texas Dobes needing new homes. PM me! :wavey:

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Patchworkrobot I love the look of your boy.Also fellow Texan
Thank you :] I fell in love with his breeder when I saw one of her males (Gentry) and I just happened to get a puppy from one of his litters. I was pleased as punch when I found out that Gentry was to be the sire. Dreizehn and he are similarly striking, I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the great replies. Yes, I am in EP. Not a native of Texas, unfortunately, military assignment. I will look into the referred breeders.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts