Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI! I got the official okay from the better half to get another pup after losing Arrow this past spring. I'm still up for a rescue, but if that doesn't happen, I'm very excited for a new addition sometime this year or early next year.

I noticed at least one Diesel on the list. I'm curious if there are any others. I love the name, but it's not fixed. Diesel may end up being a "Max" or a "Diesel-ette" (not really, but you know what I mean), my dogs have always seemed to guide the name. However, I really like the name Diesel.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
There are a few on the forums but I can think of at least 10 dogs I know personally with that name. If you want something uncommon than Diesel is not the name you want to go with.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My rescue Dobe was originally named "Diesel". But we renamed him "Odin"..... another very common name. I didn't know at the time of renaming how common. lol. Oh well, still love the name!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I love my Diesel and the name fits him but I didn't personally realize how popular it was to name your dog that until after I had already named him. Yet alone a Doberman and I swear everyone I know now has a Doberman named Desel haha if I were you I'd pick a different name. It's a great name but it's way over done or if your really stuck on naming him Diesel find a creative way to spell it if you can.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Kwhite30, found your Diesel photos. Nice! I love the color remove on the one of him lying in the grass. Is Hera yours too?
Thank you! No Hera is actually his half sister. She's 2 1/2 weeks younger then Diesel. We got lucky and she lives very close to us so we get to see her and her family all time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts