Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We find that Monday to Thursday it is impossible to give Diesel the amount of exercise he requires as we live in the city. Friday to Sunday night we are on the farm and exercise is not an issue.

We are thinking about getting a treadmill for him to use Monday to Thursday to supplement his four daily walks.

Please see attachment and weblink in case attachment doesn't work

http://www.ratpack-terriers.co.uk/poshpets/default.asp

Just wondered what you guys thought of doggy treadmills.

Attachments

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hey fellow brit this is the first time i have bumped into a post by you, and you have been a member longer than i have,that looks like a great idea for exercise or you could try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cts9Li9Tayg
with a bit of training I'm sure Diesel would take to it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response brumwolf. Great video, not sure it would work for our little monster as he is so easily distracted at the best of time. Nice dobies by the way.

We are thinking about selecting a new pup, as bruno is getting a little old to take the brunt of diesel's playful nature 'grumpy old man'. What sort of breed make good companions... did think about a beagle...

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
What about putting him in Puppy Daycare? We had the same problem with Kohl. He was just so active and having to work full time we knew that we couldn't always take him to the dog park in the mornings and evenings. We found daycare was a life saver. Kohl is so tired from playing with the other dogs. Plus it socialized him.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We don't know of any puppy day-care in the city, and he is quite boisterous, plus he hates to be apart from me he would just bark all-day.

Something that would be now difficult to break him off, as a pup we had complaints from the neighbours about him barking when left on his own. Asbo's are so conman in this country now we always had to give into him and take him everywhere with us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts