Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
Rosemary --- a 12 hour drive to Arkansas ? What did you guys do ? Drive up there in reverse ? >:)>:) just kidding btw !

Glad you all got up there safe - any news from anybody on when you can head back home ?

Thanks for the up-dates

Ken

·
Got mutt?
13,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So glad to hear from you Rosemary glad you made it out of there in time.
Glad you are safe.
Hope you found the missing block.
Pretty sure it's back at the house. He has one set he keeps in a box, and another he keeps in a tote bag. If he's been playing with both sets, they sometimes get mixed up.

·
Super Moderator
21,312 Posts
Saw lots of photos of the devastation in LA...any word on how Beaumont fared, Rosemary? This was a monster of a storm.

·
Got mutt?
13,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Saw lots of photos of the devastation in LA...any word on how Beaumont fared, Rosemary? This was a monster of a storm.
Lake Charles and Cameron got the worst of it, I think.

I've seen a few pictures of Beaumont and Pt. Arthur that a friend who stayed posted. What he showed didn't look all that bad. Lots of downed trees, and buildings that were damaged, but no flooding, it looks.

The power is out in a lot of places, and from what one of Joe's co-workers said yesterday, they were doing rolling blackouts.

Hopefully will be able to go home early next week, if we get power back on for good.

·
Got mutt?
13,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Charlene said that if she got over to Beaumont, she'd check on our house. I so appreciate that.

·
Got mutt?
13,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Rosemary --- a 12 hour drive to Arkansas ? What did you guys do ? Drive up there in reverse ? >:)>:) just kidding btw !

Glad you all got up there safe - any news from anybody on when you can head back home ?

Thanks for the up-dates

Ken
Missed this post earlier. Beaumont is about 20 miles from the gulf, and about that far from Louisiana. Bella Vista, Arkansas is practically in Missouri. In fact, the Walmart store we went to yesterday, less than 10 miles away, is in Missouri.

·
Got mutt?
13,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
We plan on heading home on Monday. A friend who is already back checked on the house, and said it looks okay. We know the power is on.

·
Got mutt?
13,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Getting packed and some stuff into the cars to head home tomorrow. Probably will be offline until we get home. Twelve hours is a long drive....

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,167 Posts
Best of luck to you—drive safe.

Check back in when you have the time…and energy. This whole thing has to have been massively draining.

·
Got mutt?
13,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Been home about an hour. Got most of the stuff unloaded, and don't care about the rest.

Need to feed animals and get my son to be.

After that, it's 50/50 for either hysterics or collapsing. I don't have the energy for both.

·
Super Moderator
21,312 Posts
Glad you're home, and that things are (mostly?) okay there. Hope you get some rest.

·
Got mutt?
13,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
House looks fine. Looks like everything in the freezer is okay, since there was still frost in it. Not sure about the fridge (ice cream melted).

·
Got mutt?
13,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Round two.

Hurricane Delta clipped us as she went through on Friday. Power went out at around 2:00 that afternoon, and came back on at 11:30 that night. Yay! Uh.... power went out again at around 6:15 yesterday evening, and is still out. At least we can take things up to the radio station to be charged, including the batteries for my Ryobi fans. We also managed to get a couple of bags of ice, so one in the fridge (improvised icebox) and one in the freezer.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts