Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Got mutt?
13,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. Hurricane Laura has decided that she wants us to take a road trip. In the middle of a freaking pandemic. :(

Got most of our stuff packed. (I hope, anyway. Need to check my list.) Hitting the road as early as possible in the morning. Where we are headed to is a 12 hour drive on a good day.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,080 Posts
Best of luck with the upheaval and the traffic. I'll be thinking of you guys. Are you going to be able to stay within online computer range?

If you're headed to my neck of the woods, give me a call and I'll buy you a drink (much needed?) or something. Seriously, though, just holler if you end up close by and need something.

·
Got mutt?
13,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heading to my husband's cousin in Arkansas instead of Colorado this time. My father-in-law finally sold his mom's house in Rye, which is where we've stayed before, and all the relatives in Colorado already have full houses.

Probably be out of touch most of tomorrow, but as soon as I have internet, I'll give an update.

·
Super Moderator
21,271 Posts
What a nightmare. Thinking of you and your family, Rosemary. Please check in when you can.

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,593 Posts
We'll be thinking of you, stay safe!

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
So worried about Rosemary and her entire area.
Spock ....whats the word is it going to shift to the east at all?
We all have problems but these folks need to be in our prayers right now.
Glad Rosemary evacuated early and hopefully she beat some of the traffic.

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
I think it has moved just a little to the east - Weather Channel is in Beaumont as I type this - winds up to 60 over night and 5-8 inches of rain - yesterday Beaumont was in the center of the cone .

Thinking of you and your crew Rosemary - stay safe

·
Got mutt?
13,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Made it here right at twelve hours. Everyone okay, but stressed and tired. I need to go collapse.

Thing's darn hear a Cat 5, evidently. I'll take exhausted and out of that worst of it, thank you very much.

·
Got mutt?
13,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hang in there—hope you get some sleep tonight. Thanks for checking in.
Maybe after the major meltdown is over. Evidently one of my son's blocks got left at home. We've torn the car apart looking, and it's not there.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,080 Posts
Oh man—I remember a special blanket being left behind—and that blanket was necessary for any sleep to occur.

How do your animals take meltdowns? Mine use to head for a corner and sit there apologizing with their ears and faces as hard as they could. Which didn't make me feel any better.

·
Got mutt?
13,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How do your animals take meltdowns? Mine use to head for a corner and sit there apologizing with their ears and faces as hard as they could. Which didn't make me feel any better.
They scatter, if they can. Cats run under a bed and Lily heads for her crate. Leo is kind of "whatever".

1 - 20 of 45 Posts