Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this weekend bowie got to go to the "beach" with mya and his boyfriend, duke the min pin (ssorca19's dog) -- the beach is at a local pond.

the scenery (incidentally the first day it hasnt rained in 9 days!)

bowie wakes up at the thought of the rain stopping (after he decided to sleep on my friends PILLOW and her blanket!)

dogs worshipping the SUN

mya explores and her shadow is nearby -- to her dismay

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bowie, ironically, was the first and ONLY one in the water yesterday - the day before, mya actually SWAM out to catch ducks :)

duke notices something off --

he decides bowie should NOT be in the water

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually, all he wanted was someone to chase him

mya says shes too old for this stuff - (ok shes actually scratching)

bowie and his shadow

mya contemplates life

i have MANY more pics, but they are stuck on my camera :)

bowie enjoys candlelit dinners, opera, and long strolls on the beach

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Wow those pictures of the sky are beautiful. The pictures of the dogs are great also. :D Looks like they are having lots of fun!

Question....I assume that is salt water, do you have to bathe the dogs afterwards? I am not sure if saltwater will make the skin dry.

Thanks
TD

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

this is actually fresh water - its just a lake nearby, as the ocean was a little rough this past weekend with the storms and flooding :)

i dont typically bathe them after the lake unless they are really dirty or sandy.

for salt water, it depends as well - ive left them unbathed, but ive also bathed them -- i usually use their dirtiness as a gauge :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wasn't all the rain we had terrible? Don't get me wrong we needed it but I was starting to forget what the sun looked like!

Great pics though! They looked like they had a lot of fun:)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Great pics kim!!! They look sooo happy!! What a great "let loose" for the dogs to enjoy! And beautiful scenery for you guys!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gracie's_Mom said:
Wow great pictures. Does Bowie actually swim or just wade in?

bowie tends to just wade, but he has never been in the water with me, ive just waded in - i dont like swimming in lakes :)

mya actuallys goes in whole body and swims now :)

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys - the dogs had a blast - i have a lot of other pics on my cpmputer, just no time and energy to upload since i got this damn pneumonia - its making very school very hard!

jessica - i was afraid the sun had left for good! im hoping sometime next week to get bowie somewhere over near the cape (considering hingham) or up at crane beach for some more walking/playing :)

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i guess its one benefit of living in New england :) wait till you see the OTHEr pics i have - i just cant find my camera cord to transfer the pics!

seriously, fall in new england is amazing though. expect some more pics from me in the coming week, since i have it off to recover from my mysterious illness!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts