Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In April while I was washing my car(04 Mustang), I noticed a crack in the deck lid about the size of a quarter. It was new, cropping up within the week since I wash my car on a weekly basis. I can tell you where every tiny little scratch, ding and fish eye is in the paint and about when it appeared. Yes, I'm obsessed but I love my car and it's a never ending battle to protect it's body. When I had a plain ol Camry, I never had to worry about this stuff. *sighs*

Anyway, for three months My husband fought with the Ford dealership where we bought the car, less than a year ago just to speak with a rep about having my warrenty cover the repair cost. We had three different body shops confirm that this was a defect in the deck lid and not a paint issue. If it where a paint issue, they could have told us to F off and deal with it on our own. Believe me they tried but Brian(my husband) is a persistant pain in the ass and made his appearence there almost a daily thing. I think the service manger was so sick of seeing him that he finally arranged a meeting with the rep.

We were hoping the rep would be our knight in shining armor but he was a complete :*******: My husband wanted the deck lid replaced because he was worried it would crack in other areas over time but the rep told him that if they could get away with patching it they would and if it cracked once the warrenty expired, we'd be SOL. The rep said a lot of other BS things that just proves to us that after they get your money, they don't care about you or your car, unless you're walking into a dealership, money in hand, ready to buy a new one.

So...... One month later, the car goes into the body shop and sits for a week. Nothing has been done to it and at the end of the week Brian calls to find out how much longer it will be. The shop owner told him to pick up the car since they ordered a new deck lid(hooray!) but it will be another week before it arrives. We were a little annoyed that my car sat for a week when it didn't have to but happy we were getting what we wanted. Three weeks go by and we haven't heard from the shop. Brian calls and finds out I need to drop my car off that Monday. Why they didn't call us I don't know but I leave my car there, happy this will comming to an end.

TWO weeks later and my car is still in the shop. Now I don't want them to rush but I've had my car's body worked on before(5 times to be exact) and having the fender replaced and the whole front end painted(after some lady backed into me) took two weeks but this? So Brian calls them again and finds out that the stripes that are on the deck lid are backordered so we can pick up the car til they come in. By now I'm BS about being without my car for so long but happy to have my girl back. I get to the shop, check her over and find a dent in the quarter panel that was not there before. By now they're closed so we call the next day and the shop owner denies it happening there.

Of course stupid me forgot to take pictures of the car, the morning I dropped it off so I had no proof so we're SOL on that. I could really kick myself since I always make it a point to snap photos when I leave the car with anyone but I let my guard down. The shop owner offered to fix it for 250 dollars and I about told him to go **** himself. Yesterday, I dropped it back off with them(taking pictures this time) to have the stripes put on and have the work they did on the truck fixed. They never put clear coat on one part of it and the edges are all rough and uneven. They tried to half ass that and call it good but Brian is supposed to call the shop owner today and find out what the **** they're trying to pull.

So here we are, six months later and my poor little girl still hasn't had this completely resolved. When this is all said and done, both Ford and the body shop are going to get a nice long letter from me. Maybe I'll get to that before the year ends. :rolleyes: If you're still reading this by now, thanks for letting me vent!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Geez oh man...... what a fiasco! Sorry for all your trouble...... When I saw the tread name I was ready to come in here with all the usual FORD jokes (Found On Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily) well I guess the fix or repair daily one can count! But only becaue of D*pshit people!!

Do those people just think your car is a decoration? Do they actually not consider the fact you might NEED it to get around!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I saw the tread name I was ready to come in here with all the usual FORD jokes (Found On Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily) well I guess the fix or repair daily one can count! But only becaue of D*pshit people
LOL!! I can say this much.... The car, mechanically has performed great but bodywise? They must have had some booger eating kid straight out of school do the paint job because I've had problems with it since day one. I'll have to come up with an acronym for Ford for their bodywork.

Do they actually not consider the fact you might NEED it to get around!!!
The kicker is, they state in the warranty that they are not responsible for your transportation if your car is in the shop for something under the warranty. Bastards..... :mad1:

·
Registered
421 Posts
They drive me nutts to but its what I've always driven! My first car was a topaz with 250,000 on it :haha: How often does that happen?!

My zx2 had the paint start wearing through on the roof the year after we got it. Of course I never got it fixed cuz it was in my moms name nad she didn't give a damn. The one good thing is that rust protector thing I got with it though. It has a lot of scratches but no rust :)
Its newest screw up is the hood release thing. Apparently all the newer ones go bad pretty quickly. So i've been driving the explorer which thank god hasn't had any problems yet.

and I finally stopped using their garage becaue they would keep the car overnight for things like plug changes and tires! I'd take it in early and go to pick it up and they'd look at me like I was dumb.

But however much I complain I still think chevy and dodges are sooo much worse. I have so many stories about them being brand new and pooping out. I'm seriouesly considering a mazda but my whole family works at ford so I still feel bad not getting one(even though some of them don't)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But however much I complain I still think chevy and dodges are sooo much worse. I have so many stories about them being brand new and pooping out.
See my husband is a HUGE Dodge fan. Even though he loves the Stang, He keeps telling me I should have bought a Viper. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts