1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I'm proud to say Peggy Adamson was my mentor in the 70's.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Raindobes, those memories must be very dear to your heart. I love watching the video. Dictator looks so masculine, yet graceful and ever so watchful, masterful. I think he is very well put together, especially for his time period. I dont know your age, but did you get a chance to meet any of his offspring? Dont guess you got to meet Dictator? Trying to remember his call name...Do you remember why he died? Shucks, just reread your post...70's, so you missed him and his offsping, too. Was Peggy still breeding? You are welcome to tell about your experiences here, if you would like. I know I would enjoy reading it.:)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Peggy Adamson gave my boy Walker a best in sweeps when he was a puppy. She kept holding his head in her hand and stroking him. I swear I thought she was going to lean down and kiss him. Meant a lot to me then but more so now. I had no idea who she was at the time.

Thanks for posting this. I love the video.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I have NEVER seen this! THANK YOU for posting! It gives me goosebumps!

Reactions: LindaH

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Raindobes, those memories must be very dear to your heart. I love watching the video. Dictator looks so masculine, yet graceful and ever so watchful, masterful. I think he is very well put together, especially for his time period. I dont know your age, but did you get a chance to meet any of his offspring? Dont guess you got to meet Dictator? Trying to remember his call name...Do you remember why he died? Shucks, just reread your post...70's, so you missed him and his offsping, too. Was Peggy still breeding? You are welcome to tell about your experiences here, if you would like. I know I would enjoy reading it.:)
Dictator's call name was Tater. His death was caused by being left in a car in the heat, one of his daughters died with him.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Those were great memories.. I did meet Victor I think..He was pretty old but still looked great....It was the early 70's so I guess Victor was Dictators son..
I remember Peggy's house..Seemed so strange to me that she had very little furniture in her living room.. but did have some huge custom wooden crates..
Now it does not seem strange at all.. Peggy walked me through my first litter sired y Ch. Damasyn the Russian..Such a long time ago, but I remember chatting with Peggy for hours on the phone..

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, I was thinking Tater, but didnt want it shoved back down my throat if I was remembering wrong.:laughing: Oh yeah, about his death,didnt know his datghter was lost with him. Cant imagine the guilt! I had a friend that did that, mowing the lawn and decided to put her girl up right quick in the car and forgot about it. Horrible, horrible way to lose your dog.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, I was thinking Tater, but didnt want it shoved back down my throat if I was remembering wrong.:laughing: Oh yeah, about his death,didnt know his datghter was lost with him. Cant imagine the guilt! I had a friend that did that, mowing the lawn and decided to put her girl up right quick in the car and forgot about it. Horrible, horrible way to lose your dog.
Posted this right before the weekend, so this bump is for the weekly people!!!:bouncesgrin:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Wow, thanks for posting this Linda! I have never seen that before - great video!!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hmmm, just a thought, some might like to look at his pedigree...
Dobequest:Dog Profile Page

1943 DPCA Best of Winners; 1944 DPCA Best of Breed; 1945 Westminster Group Winner

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Those were great memories.. I did meet Victor I think..He was pretty old but still looked great....It was the early 70's so I guess Victor was Dictators son..
I remember Peggy's house..Seemed so strange to me that she had very little furniture in her living room.. but did have some huge custom wooden crates..
Now it does not seem strange at all.. Peggy walked me through my first litter sired y Ch. Damasyn the Russian..Such a long time ago, but I remember chatting with Peggy for hours on the phone..
None of Tatars offspring's name ring a bell.. But who knew pedigree's back then..Thanks for posting the Pedigree.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I remember when I bought my first doberman. A byb girl that cost me all of $50 in 1968. Of course, I did some reading about them and was so proud that Dictator was in her pedigree, way back, but it was there. I imagine he was like Cambrias Cactus Cash is now. Some of the breeders brag about him being in the pedigree when he's in everbody's pedigree.:laughing:

·
joie de vivre
11,246 Posts
Stumbled across this thread and thought I'd give it a bump. Great video, Linda. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: LindaH and eighmie

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You know, watching that video and listening to you guys on this thread - we have such a history of this breed at our access on this board. It is history that in the best of situations, get passed on in diluted proportions.

Reading what some of the idiots that come on here post, it must send you right over the edge.

thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts