Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just found some old photos of Dickson and I, thought I would share!

I don't know about your dobes but Dickson insists on sleeping under the covers, head on the pillow every night. (Please ignore my wild bed head lol)

Dickson and I enjoying our new patio.

If you can't see the trend yet, Dickson doesn't get the idea of personal space.

Dickson will not settle for sticks, he has to find logs instead!

Dickson's sister and partner in crime Kaya.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
He's beautiful! I laughed at your comment about him not knowing personal space. Neither does my Boy. He has to be on my lap (or head) all the time. He's always with me now. They don't call them Velcro dogs for nothing :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roxy will not go to bed until my husband covers her up with her blankie.
I know its pathetic right? These big tough dogs have to be tucked in to bed every night. Dickson will lay his head across my chest and groan until I lift up the covers to crawl under. Actually on that note I'm sure its me thats a little pathetic because I give in every time lol.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's beautiful! I laughed at your comment about him not knowing personal space. Neither does my Boy. He has to be on my lap (or head) all the time. He's always with me now. They don't call them Velcro dogs for nothing :)
Thank you. Yes its true, they are especially velcro and I find it only gets worse with age. Dickson especially loves to be a lapdog while I'm studying for midterms or trying to get any sort of work done. He is always on cue with his timing haha. When he was a puppy if my lap/head/other was not available he would sneak off and curl up in my brothers smelly football bag. He was a pretty special puppy to say the least:roflmao:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dobermans...master manipulators. My boy isn't a cuddler but he sure knows how to get what he wants!
Its so true, if Dickson is not manipulating me to get something he wants he's manipulating the other dogs. For example if they're eating and Dickson is done his food, he will bark at the front door so the others charge it, and then he will run back at eat their food. He certainly has some brains even if he pretends like he doesn't sometimes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Every dog I had growing up always ended up with their bum on the pillow and head at the bottom of the bed. Good to see a dog who does things the right way round. :D Wish I had a Dobe. Dickson is super cute.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Your 1st photo with Dickson, could easily win a national photo contest...Great B&W.
- so cute and most relaxed, with his head tucked to his chest
I LOVE how you share your home, with a best friend...can't get any better...Thanks for sharing, the good memories !!

Our senior girl wakes me up (Dad) most mornings, when Mom goes into the shower.
- I lift the blankets & covers, so she can get under...or I get an ear full...of bark...lol
One minute later, she turns under the blankets, exposing her head onto Moms pillow...all good...and belly rub time.
Next Amy moves & rests along side of Dads legs (her head @ my feet), until I choose to get up...and start the day, with her.
- just like clockwork / they like a pampered routine

·
U got some splain' to do
244 Posts
I wouldn't want a dobe any other way. Maui has to be where I am. I don't let her sleep in bed with us (bed is too small for the 3 of us), but she and I will vegge out watching TV on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts