Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
sandy2233
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned home from Tracklayers Seminar held at Chatfield Resevoir in Denver. This club really put on a great workshop today. (no dogs, people only) Decent weather after a chilly morning. Loads of information to process.
I now have a better grasp on what it will take to get a Tracking Title if M & I decide to go down that path.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
What? that's it!:) You have got to tell us more than that. I have a young dog that I am tracking but would love to know more about the tracklayer side of things.

·
sandy2233
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What? that's it!:) You have got to tell us more than that. I have a young dog that I am tracking but would love to know more about the tracklayer side of things.
You made me lol! I didn't think anyone would hit on this. Didn't know how many people would actually be interested. Wonderful seminar. Equipment needed, how to lay a track (trianglation, 90 degrees, acute & open angles, "walking a straight line" (very important). High & low landmarks. We even had an arts & crafts. Making flags and start poles. Very, very good. More involved with assisting in laying tracks. They have a website. Not familiar with your area tho. Explanations of TD, TDX and VST (hightest award) It just was a really nice day with some fellow obedience friends.

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
What a great topic for a seminar! Who was the presenter? I would love to attend a seminar like this.

Reactions: Cathy43

·
sandy2233
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a great topic for a seminar! Who was the presenter? I would love to attend a seminar like this.
There were 9. Each gave a different presentation. Laying and mapping the track was one, How to measure distance, walking a straight line, selecting markers in a field etc.

I can't even remember how I found out about this. I am sure it was thru the obedience club I belong to. But, it was sure a good day. They did an awesome job with all of us. About 30 or 35 showed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts