Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new here and also to the doberman breed. I'm thinking of getting a doberman puppy , doing research about bloodlines and kennels. I wonder your thoughts on del nasi kennel and del nasi dogs.And i have some questions. Are del nasi dogs schutzund capable ? How are their temperements? Are they sharp dogs?

Regards

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
If you search del nasi in the search box at the top of the page, you'll see they've been discussed quite a few times before :)

Welcome to the forum, good luck in your search.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
While the Del Nasi name is very very common and supposedly very good, there seems to be a high mortality rate in the Del Nasi line due to DCM
Was Fedor Del Nasi's cause of death ever announced?

I agree with others, though, the OP should look into breeders who have Schutzhund titles on their dogs.

·
Banned
3,981 Posts
Why don't you get Malinois or GSD? They are known to have the best performance in Schutzhund.

Reactions: Sonar

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you all for replying

Where are you located?
I ask because most of our member-base is in North America and there are some wonderful breeders here with very nice working dogs.
I'am located in Istanbul/Turkey. America is far away from here. :)

Del Nasi is a show breeder. If I were looking for a schutzhund prospect, I would look at breeders with a history of dogs that excel on the trial field.
I'am actually looking for a schutzund capable show dog. Looks is important. :)

If you search del nasi in the search box at the top of the page, you'll see they've been discussed quite a few times before :)

Welcome to the forum, good luck in your search.
Thank you for your good wish. I'am sorry for opening a new thread while there is enough information on the forum. :)

While the Del Nasi name is very very common and supposedly very good, there seems to be a high mortality rate in the Del Nasi line due to DCM
That might be a deal breaker . I'll consider that.

Was Fedor Del Nasi's cause of death ever announced?
It wasn't ,i guess.

Why don't you get Malinois or GSD? They are known to have the best performance in Schutzhund.
I'dont like their apperances and characters.They are a bit robot-like.

I have seen some that are ok, and others that aren't good for sport. Fedor seemed to not throw good temperament for SchH work. He was too goofy and happy and not drivey. There are some SchH Del Nasi dogs though. I have never seen a sharp Del Nasi dog.
What about dogs in these videos? They look pretty good and sharp to me.

vondavidsportingdog Del Nasi - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyrbeGEV_hM&feature=player_embedded

Arkan di Altobello - YouTube

I guess , I want a dog just like Arkan di Altobello.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
The dogs in those videos look to be training for ZTP. To me, sharp means natural suspicion, quicker to anger, higher in aggression. To me, that cannot be judged on this type of video. Those dogs looked very drivey, but I don't know about sharp. I cannot make that judgement from the video.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well, no it was never announce and people i know who have tried calling, never got phone calls returned and then said..oh no he is not dead hes alive and..the supposed year he died...shows litters being sire years after ward with no mention of AI... someone it trying to keep everything hush hush

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
There are some breeders in Western Europe who produce good looking, conformationaly correct working line dobes, but as a novice to the breed, I would strongly urge you not to ask for a sharp dog when you are talking to them. Even in highly experienced hands a sharp dog can be a dangerous dog, that can turn and come back up the lead at you.

What you want is a balanced dog with good nerve, solid work ethic and drive, but also enough openess and sociability that you can learn (and live) with him...without him becomming a liability.

Have a look at kennels like Ascomannis or Ferrenberg.
(for some reason I can't bring the Ascomannis website up)
Weblication® CMS - Content Management by Scholl Communications

I am sure there are other breeders also in europe that are breeding good looking working dobes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are some breeders in Western Europe who produce good looking, conformationaly correct working line dobes, but as a novice to the breed, I would strongly urge you not to ask for a sharp dog when you are talking to them. Even in highly experienced hands a sharp dog can be a dangerous dog, that can turn and come back up the lead at you.

What you want is a balanced dog with good nerve, solid work ethic and drive, but also enough openess and sociability that you can learn (and live) with him...without him becomming a liability.

Have a look at kennels like Ascomannis or Ferrenberg.
(for some reason I can't bring the Ascomannis website up)
Weblication® CMS - Content Management by Scholl Communications

I am sure there are other breeders also in europe that are breeding good looking working dobes.
Thank you for your advices. I'll consider these kennels. And what about kennels like sant kreal or tahi reme? Are they okay in dog sports?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try to see this showdog work!!

Brown Chief Ayden - YouTube

Ayden fp (BH) 15 month old - YouTube

All these kennels you have mentioned, they have all kind of different lines. So I believe it is possible for you to get a great dog who can do well in a showring, and also on the trainingfield. That is the reason why I have put on these videos above, her parents is World winner 2010 Arwen and Teraline Midgard!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Try to see this showdog work!!

Brown Chief Ayden - YouTube

Ayden fp (BH) 15 month old - YouTube

All these kennels you have mentioned, they have all kind of different lines. So I believe it is possible for you to get a great dog who can do well in a showring, and also on the trainingfield. That is the reason why I have put on these videos above, her parents is World winner 2010 Arwen and Teraline Midgard!
That's a different approach. I'am a bit confused actually. :) A dog like Arkan di Altobello is what i want. Tahi Reme and Sant Kreal look more succesful about work. But they are not really working dobe kennels. That is a great dog BTW. Is it yours?

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's a different approach. I'am a bit confused actually. :) A dog like Arkan di Altobello is what i want. Tahi Reme and Sant Kreal look more succesful about work. But they are not really working dobe kennels. That is a great dog BTW. Is it yours?
I can understand that, but it is fully your descision which dog you want and like:) It is just important when you have found the kennel you want to buy from ,that you say excatly what type of dog you want! This is my dog in these clips, and I am also the breeder of her:) Thank you for the kind words..
my homepage are.. Brown Chief

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can understand that, but it is fully your descision which dog you want and like:) It is just important when you have found the kennel you want to buy from ,that you say excatly what type of dog you want! This is my dog in these clips, and I am also the breeder of her:) Thank you for the kind words..
my homepage are.. Brown Chief
You're welcome. :) I'll most likely get a dobe from sant kreal or tahi reme. But I'am still open for advices , and doing research.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts