Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here and recently put down a deposit for a puppy from Roberto Zorzi after a recommendation to his kennel. He was polite and respectful as we were invited into his home. After talking for awhile about what we were looking for we were taken into his office and shown a history of DNA testing done 4 years ago by a well known Vet. College and the results appeared to be clear all along the line. He was very proud of this and we were impressed as well. We were taken back to the house and his dogs were brought out one by one to meet us. They appeared good tempered, bright, and healthy both male and female. We were told we would most likely have our puppy in November 2020. After reading the reviews here about dogs dropping dead of DCM from his kennel, I am scared to death. Most of the posts were 2008 to 2012. Is there anyone out there that has had current success with his dogs? Please let me know. Thank you. Would like to know of any bad as well that are current.

·
Got mutt?
13,607 Posts
Right now, the genetic testing for DCM is more for research purposes than breeding decisions. You want to see annual reports for both a 24 hour holter (ekg) and an ultrasound (echo) on both breeding dogs. Ideally, the breeder can tell you about test results on the grandparents, great-grandparents, as well as siblings and other relatives of the breeding pair. That said, breeders can test until the cows come home, only breeding dogs that are clear at the time of the breeding, and still produce dogs that develop DCM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts