Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by the foster family that we got JED from that Deer antlers were a good chew bone for dogs. Since they were all natural. Any comments on that one way or another.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Antlers are a huge hit here. My dogs love them. The split ones don't last long at all, but the whole ones last a while and they can't get enough of them. Dance never manages to get hers to last very long (a couple weeks at most - she's a crazy hard chewer), but the Dobes' antlers hang around for a month or so at least. I usually buy them Elk antlers as those seem to be more common around the stores here for some reason.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep, gave JED a section of an 8 pointer my buddy hit with his truck 2 days ago. Hes been on it for the last 45 min.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
My dogs love deer and elk antlers! I don't let them chew on them anymore though to save their teeth.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
be careful with these....I have a friend whose dog broke a tooth chomping down on an antler
I think this can and should be said for any hard chewing item. Dance broke a tooth on a small Nylabone of all things. It's always something to be aware of whenever a dog is chewing pretty much anything, be it a bone an antler or otherwise. :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
My guys don't like them and I'm kinda glad, they are way to expensive!

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
My Riggs just broke a tooth on one Friday:( No more antlers here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts