Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My doberman, Genghis, died 5.27.09 of DCM/Cardio. He was born 7.21.02 and was part of Debut Kennel located near Jackson, MI. He had 12 other litter mates. I am just curious to know the status of his litter mates (hopefully they are all alive and well) and to inform buyers of his litter mates to get their dogs cardio tested (holter, Echo, EKG) immediately since cardio is in the line. Doing so can add another year to the dogs life if you catch it early enough. I noticed my dog coughing the 1st weekend in April 2009, then having difficult breathing April 25 - took him to the vet April 26th where he was then on meds (lasik, Pimobendan, etc) and sadly died at home of sudden death 5.27. Again, I am just curious as to the status of his litter mates and to inform their owners to get the dogs tested. To no surprise, Susan K Mast-Wilson is no where to be found or reached (supposedly in TX). Susan told me that she was a breeder for life and I could always contact her - what a backyard breeder.

Best Regards

Todd

·
Registered
615 Posts
The last thing I heard, she lives in MI. I believe she travels alot between TX and MI, though.

You should be able to find her info - Google her name and you'll get some hits.

I don't know if I'd say she's a BYB, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Sue lives in Michigan. She does travel a lot, how long have you been trying to reach her? Perhaps her number has changed.

I personally would not say Sue is a BYB. I know how hard it is to lose a dog too soon, but the sad reality is that cardio is so ingrained in this breed, there is no line that is free of it.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Was your dog out of Janna Banana? Who was the sire?
Sue's dogs are Bruda, I'm pretty sure Janna's parents lived into their teens. She breeds with Sandra Hunter.
Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately cardio can pop up anywhere. If you look far enough back on any Doberman, you will find it somewhere. Some are just futher back than others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts