Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAN~Doberman Assistance Network is asking for good thoughts, prayers and donations to help save this poor girls life. "Angel" is appx 7 years old and 40 pounds underweight, HW pos and in need of dental work. She was carried to the shelter as she was dying, no one claimed her as their own, just a stray...so they say! The shelter manager decided to give her a chance, contacted DAN and her journey back to health has begun.

Upon her rescue from the shelter, Angel was immediately taken to the Vet where she had to be carried in by a DAN volunteer because she could barely stand. Angel weighs 30 lbs. She is currently recieving IV fluids and steroids. The blood work was the one ray of light, her kidneys and liver appear undamaged at this point. She is anemic, her eyes are sunken into her head and she has absolutely no fat on her tiny shriveled little body. This girl needs prayers more than anything else at this point and we, the humans will do what we can to help but it's going to be touch n go for awhile.......thank you all for keeping vigil with me as we help our girl fight for her life.....

We all know it's Christmas time, a time for sharing and giving and loving so any donation that you could make to DAN would be appreciated, no amount is too small.

Lets make sure she lives to see another year and a MUCH Happier New Year!!!!!!

Please feel free to share Angel's story (there is a link on the Doberman Assistance Network facebook page).

Donations for Angel can be made to the Doberman Assistance Network Helping Dobermans In Need . Look under the "How to help" tab to make a paypal donation or checks can be sent to:

Doberman Assistance Network, Inc.
c/o Heidi Merriman
3852 La Colina Road
El Sobrante, CA 94803

PLEASE find it within your heart to make a donation towards Angel's care. Thank you.

Posted below are some graphic pictures of Angel. The pictures from the shelter add poundage to our little baby girl and the reality is gruesome.

And now that she is in DAN's hands

·
Registered
716 Posts
I wish she was here in Florida...
I would give her a wonderful home for the holidays...

I hate people who hurt animals.... HATE THEM....
Hopefully there is a place for people who abuse animals in hell...
Sorry I couldn't hold it in...

Please survive Angel...
DAN is amazing and such a savior to these animals who can't help themself...

WHY??? HOW??? I just don't understand people, they are not human...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
This poor girl is so sad that it is hard to even look at the photos of her. Prayers for her. I know where one of our Christmas donations is going.

All Creatures Great and Small, The Lord God Made Them All.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Here we go again, I wish for a world that had NO animal abusers. :mad:

Her eyes look much older than the 7 years that she is, I'm sure if she could talk her story would tell of a very long journey. :cry:

Thank you DAN for giving her a chance, she will survive, she is a Doberman after all.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,577 Posts
Omg....the poor baby. I am so glad DAN is caring for her now. I echo the thoughts that I do not understand how people abuse, neglect or try to starve their pets to death. That poor girl had not eaten for awhile.

I love the pic of her with her blanket and stuffie. Every princess needs some pink in their lives. :butfly:

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here we go again, I wish for a world that had NO animal abusers. :mad:

Her eyes look much older than the 7 years that she is, I'm sure if she could talk her story would tell of a very long journey. :cry:

Thank you DAN for giving her a chance, she will survive, she is a Doberman after all.

She reminds me of Miracle, the starved and abandoned boy that IDR took under their wings earlier this year.

Her eyes will start to look better very soon hopefully and one day she will have a wonderful story of survival to tell.

DAN wants nothing more than for Angel to survive and she has allot of people pulling for her and praying, but she is not out of the woods yet and has a very long journey ahead of her. As of today she is still recieving IV fluids as her only form of nourishment since she is still unable to eat at this point.

It is going to take allot of care, prayers, love and money to save this girl. DAN recieves notifications of Doberman's needing assistance everyday. The reality is that it takes money to save each and every one of these dogs.

When it comes to DAN, I have no pride, so I am BEGGING for donations for this girl. PLEASE share her story wherever you can and with whoever you can. Every penny will help to save her life and those pennies add up. So PLEASE, donate if you can. THANK YOU!

·
joie de vivre
11,246 Posts
I immediately thought of Miracle too, Alissa. It's so hard to see dogs in her condition and imagine what she must have been through, but people need to see dogs like her and Miracle.

I've shared her story on facebook and emailed some dog friends as well to spread the word. I really hope we can see updates on her in a couple months when she's getting healthy and feeling good again. I'm so thankful she's in rescue.

She's going to need a lot of help but even a few bucks here and there will add up and make a HUGE difference in this girl's life.

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Angel update- 12/02/11

Posted by Patricia Buchner on the DAN facebook page:

"Update on Christmas Angel.....she is home from the vet and snuggled in with her foster mom. She managed to eat a few bites today and walked a few steps as well as pottied.....she loves to have her face rubbed and seems to enjoy the company of cats, at least she wanted to see Vicki's cat but just didn't have the strength so a nose to nose was all she could muster....her journey is just beginning but we will all walk beside her as she travels this new road....keep her in your thoughts and prayers that her recovery continues...."

A pic from Angel in the love and safety of her foster home. Sweet Dreams Angel.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts