Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dad is in the process of retiring and is thinking about getting a dog. He loved my last doberman Gabriel and he loves Odin so he was thinking about getting a doberman. But as most of you know his new insurance won't allow him to have one. He can't change insurance companies for reasons I can't remember so he might just get a lab mix from the shelter.

LOL just bummed that I was so close to having another dobe around. I only live a mile away from my dad. If my dad goes through with getting a dog Odin will have a play mate regardless what breed so that exciting in its own :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Why can't he change insurance? It happens every day. Insurance companies need to be called on their BS. We moved everything we had after 20 yrs dealing with an agent my husband went to school with and told them exactly why we were moving. Not comfortable with the structure of that sentence but you get the picture.:)

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I cannot possibly conceive of any reason why a person cannot move insurance companies. I did it, from Direct Line or as they are known here in Spain Linea Directa. They refused to insurance my Boxer and Dobe, but said the Terriers were fine. (they are more dangerous than any big dog I can tell you). So I voted with my feet. Took my business elsewhere.
Times number the guys on this site have mentioned one company who do not discriminate against Dobes.
If you dad so wants one, then he should be able to get what he wants without some jerk in an office telling him he can't.

Thought your country was based on the right to choose your own paths, not be told by someone else what it should be.

Sorry, but I think no one should be allowed to discriminate in such a way and no one should stand for it being done to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts