Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Well, I've never heard of DanBar Ranch nor Dianne Jessup. I got my first Doberman in Washington in 1959. I've been showing Dobes since then and have lived in central California, Southern California, Washington and most recently in Oregon.

I know or at least know of most of the better breeders in those three states and when I've never heard of them I get a little wary.

I also am a little wary of breeders who have more than one breed.

And Health testing can mean anything--get specific as to exactly what health testing is done on the Dobermans. So many of the people breeding and advertising European Dobermans are simply scamming on the latest thing, which seem to be to have a European Dobe. Most of them are simply people who buy a dog from Europe or two and breed then and then call themselves breeder of Euro Dobes.

Good luck--have you talked to the breeder yet? That would be the first thing I'd probably do.

dobebug

·
Got mutt?
13,643 Posts
Well, they seem to do more health testing than your typical BYB, I'll give them that. However, everything else... well, not a breeder I would purchase from, nor recommend to anyone else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck--have you talked to the breeder yet? That would be the first thing I'd probably do.

dobebug
Thank you!
I've tried to reach the breeder by email and by calling but no response yet for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts