Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Dabney Dobermans

7K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  AgileDobe 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anybody know anything about this breeder? I have looked at their site and it seems to be ok. I saw (TV) their Agador at Weistminster in 04.

#2 ·
Linda Krukar who is Dabney Dobermans is an AKC licensed judge. Has over the years bred some nice dogs and some that have become well known in the conformation circles. Generally she's regarded as one of the better breeders.

I only know her to talk to her when she occasionally judges on the west coat (she's on the east coast). Seems to be a very nice person and is interesting to talk to.

#3 ·
Hero's Mom said:
Does anybody know anything about this breeder? I have looked at their site and it seems to be ok. I saw (TV) their Agador at Weistminster in 04.
I've seen Linda and Agador at many shows over the past couple of years. I don't know Linda personally, so I really can't say what kind of person she is. Agador is lovely and is producing nicely.

#6 ·
velmadobe said:
I Agador is lovely and is producing nicely.
I've seen (or seen pictures of) a few nice dogs sired by Agador. But to be honest, they all have mothers, and I think they're making a larger contribution than Agador. I don't think he's particularly prepotent-it would be surprising if he was, since he has an outcrossed pedigree.

#13 ·
The house that Luka built. Sadly, Luka died early in the building process. Agador was/is a really nice dog. One of my favorite Monty sons.

Reactions: Cathy43
#19 ·
thats because agador was an amazing dog- while he's not necessarily what i would be looking for in a dog, there is no denying that he was an AMAZING looking dog with a super solid temperament - and i had the pleasure of seeing linda show him in multiple venues as well, and he was a great dog in multiple aspects. people bred to him for MANY reasons.

#20 ·
Are they still using his frozen semen to produce progeny from approved bitches?

#21 · (Edited)
I am not 100% sure, but I don't think there have been any litters out of Agador in a few years. I took a quick peek at DobeQuest, the youngest of his offspring were born in 2008, which was the last litter I recall seeing out of him. I don't know if there is/was semen on him. I recall that he went sterile, and I don't know if Linda had any good semen stored or not.

I loved Agador, I got to meet him in person at one of the nationals and watch him run agility. I now have a grand daughter of his.

Reactions: HarvestMoon
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.