Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ms. Heidi has officially popped! :lol2:

Being the wonderful mother that she is, Ms. Heidi whelped and has 9 beautiful little puppies now to call her own. There are 5 boys and 4 girls, and they are all black and tan. We are unsure as of yet if they are "Mixemans" or not, but they are adorable all the same. Today the little brood is at the vet so that they may get a once over.

Thanks to D.A.N. Ms. Heidi did not have to go through this in a stressful shelter environment. Instead she was able to have her babies in a comfortable home setting surrounded by people who love her and knew how to help if need be.

Heidi's story is all too familiar to D.A.N. Dogs dumped when their owners no longer have a need for them. But D.A.N. will always be there to scoop them up, get them back on their feet and onto a love-filled life that they so dearly deserve.

Does Heidi's story move you? Then please consider becoming a member of D.A.N. The more people we have on hand, the better. One of the many perks of being a member is that you can then participate in the "Name Game" bidding war. This is where members offer up some great name suggestions for Dobes just coming into D.A.N's care and the member with the winning bid gives that amount as a donation to D.A.N. (Truth be told, most members give their bid amount even if their name doesn't win). Having a new name is a must for these Dobes. Now that we have 9 new little ones to take care of, a Name Game bidding war is imminent! :roflmao: Join in on the fun!

There are plenty of ways that you can help, from being a foster parent to transporting Dobes to safer locations or a reputable rescues. We also need more people on Intake, helping with fundraising and generally spreading the word. And of course, momentary donations are always welcome. :)

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Koa - You are correct. Her previous "owner" dumped her at the shelter in this state:

But now she and her little brood are safe and happy.

Here are some more puppy pics:

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
It breaks my heart that people throw away any dog at all, but really, how can anyone throw away dogs in such vulnerable conditions like pregnancy, illness, seniors... I will never understand; I just can't make my mind bend that way.

So glad she had the pups in a safe, home environment. I look forward to hearing about the day she finds her forever home. Please keep us posted on how babies and mom are doing.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yes, people do suck. I hope they get hemorrhoids the size of an elephant.

Glad mom and babies are in good care now, as they deserve. Here's to many happy years for this dober family.
With early hair loss and a wart appearing on the end of their nose, maybe even early boob drop.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Heidi is such a beautiful girl, I wish I was closer because I'd nab her......:D

Glad everything went well with the delivery.

A question just out of curiosity....will the puppies be docked?

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you so much dragonflz for taking this little family in, you are truly amazing! We know under your care they will florish. Now Stryker will have some little ones to play with (we need more pics of him by the way, hint, hint!) ;).

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I know Ive been slacking!!! I had professional pics taken for Tango's birthday and I'm waiting to get those so I can post them. I've been super busy with work, and painting the inside of my house.... but I will get a birthday thread and updated photos posted. I am meeting fellow DDR volunteers tonight to pick up my new charges. My Kitchen area is already for them. I can't wait to meet momma and her little ones.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts