Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a HUGE novel. For summary scroll to the bottom.

Let me first say that I am so grateful for all the support our club got from people in the region!!! Obviously these things can't happen on their own. From entries to spectators to just well wishers, I am glad to be a part of the Doberman and SchH communities.

The weekend was a full one with the Stanislaus SchH Club having its trial Fri night and Sat morning (which I secretaried along with another person) and our club trial on Sat afternoon and Sun morning. We shared a judge in Warren Jones whom we kept very busy between the two trials.

The SSC trial had 4 BHs, 2 SchH1, 1 SchH2, 2 SchH3s, 2 FH1s and 4 StPr1 (an article find degree). The BHs had the only two Dobermans in the trial. Both were handled by Wendy Schmitt (only 2 dogs per trial can be entered and she had 2 entries for our trial as well). All BHs passed that night. The SchH dogs were all GSDs and it just wasn't a good night to be entered for SchH. Only 2 dogs passed overall and both were in the 70s for protection so they have to repeat the degree. The high in trial was a VERY nice lady who has a blast with her dog. I think the high in trial went with a score of 253, but don't quote me on that as too many numbers have passed before my eyes. The FHs both passed, with one going at 98!! The StPrs are a degree that may start to see some gaining in popularity. It is done on a highly contaminated field and the dog must find articles and indicate them. They can track, air scent or quarter as long as they are dedicated and directable. All 4 StPr1 passed the test.

After they were done, the SSC trial was concluded and the Dobermans took the stage.

For Sat night we had the IPO dogs obedience and protection. We had 1 IPO1 entry, 1 AWD1 entry (think old school SchH degree and our token Rottweiler) and 4 IPO3 entries. The IPO1 dog’s owner was super nervous as this was her first real trial and she just lost control of her dog. The dog (Lacey von Luka) left the field so was disqualified. It ended up being a very good learning experience as nobody was mad, nobody died and the sun still came up the next day. She will be back next time and try again. The AWD1 dog gave a super performance though and got 95! The next pair on the field was the Incredible team. Incredible Courage (Cowboy) and Incredible Chanel (Basia) who are littermates. Cowboy was teaming with drive and some of it spilled over. He sure had a good time though and still passed with 78. His sister had a great night and put forth a very nice routine and got 90 points! My little midget Eva and Wendy with Eiko vom Landgraf brought up the end of obedience. Eiko was on point that night and only had tiny little issues. He got high obedience with a V score of 96. Eva… who is still my heart girl and the veteran of the bunch was not to be left behind and she had just a little too much caffeine apparently. Still, with her quick movements she came away with 93 points. Lol, it is easy to be fast when you are tiny.

On to protection!!!

As the IPO1 dog was disqualified, she did not get to do protection, but the AWD1 team had a very fun and spirited performance and got pronounced and 85 points.

Basia was the first female to go and she showed huge power in her behavior and huge grips. She had a little trouble with the blinds at night on a strange field and got out of position a little, but still got a great score of pronounced with 94 points. Afterwards, the judge told her that if she got the minor control issues taken care of, she could be a bitch that achieves 100 points in protection. Very well done ladies.

Next was Cowboy’s turn. Hid drive in the obedience showed again when he also brought tons of power to the work. Awesome grips and super guarding led him to a V score of 96 points!!! As I understand it, that was the second time in 2 weeks that he has V’ed in protection. Way to go!

Eiko and Wendy came next and turned in another very powerful and precise routine. Eiko’s bark and hold is a fun thing to watch as he is right in the helper’s face. Of course, it was FREEZING out, so most of us were huddled around the fire a ways off, but I could still hear the power and he was definitely impressing the judge. Eiko took home high protection that night with a V score of 98 points! Hot damn!

Admittedly, I was not so excited to have to follow this group. Each score had gotten better. All that “young” power. Eh, my little midget is so fun and spunky though we hit the field. My little pocket rocket, was not to be left behind the field though! Somehow her secondary obedience was still pretty good despite being retired and she showed pretty good grips. I was pretty over the top when the judge gave her score of 94 points!

Next morning we hit the tracking fields. The conditions were pretty good and the tracklayers were able. Starting us off was the AWD1 dog (which incidentally was one of the FH dogs of the SSC trial with 98 points). Two days in a row of tracking and he still got a V score of 97!

I drew first blood for the IPO3 tracks. Eva did a very good job with just minor mistakes and got a 94!! Just a little distracted at the end with a false indication. I gave her a whoooooole bunch of cookies when we got to the car. Basia drew second and again showed a very nice performance with just minor issues and got a 95!!! Eiko took third and was super precise on all turns and legs to show another V score of 96! Cowboy drew last pick. He had a few problems going through but made it to the end. Unfortunately, either he stamped the last article in to the dirt, a critter ran away with it, or it just got up and walked away on its own, but we were unable to recover the last article. The judge had to give his handler the choice of taking the hit on points as there was no article to indicate, thus no indication, or he could opt for a retrack. They went with the retrack. Well, Cowboy decided that just one track was all he really wanted to do that day, so unfortunately they didn’t pass.

To end the tracking we had an FH1 and an FH2 to run. The FH1 dog (GSD) navigated well and made it to the end of the track. He was a rocket off the articles though so he lost some points there but still got 94 points!

Wendy with Covae vom Landgraf was the FH2 and just for fun they decided to run it without any leash what-so-ever. The first couple legs had some problems while Covae settled in to the track. She also missed at least one article somewhere during the 2000 paces. Still, even naked she got a good score of 84 points! Lol, if I took Eva off the leash we might make it a race to the finish line and I would have to bring my running shoes.

Back at the clubhouse the two BHs came on the field. Oppenhiemer’s Atom Bomb von Luka (who had lots of relatives out there) and Wingate’s First Lady (yes a show girl!!!) did great jobs and both passed with flying colors. The temperament portion was no problem for either one as well.

Lastly we did 1 StPr1 and 3 StPr2 to end the trial, all GSDs. Unfortunately, one StPr2 didn’t quite have searching in mind for the day’s activities, but the rest passed.

So to summarize:
Lacey von Luka IPO1 – DQ
Imo (Rott) – AWD1 – 97/95/85 “a” – high tracking
Incredible Chanel – IPO3 – 95/90/94
Incredible Courage – IPO3 – 0/78/96 “a”
Eiko vom Landgraf – IPO3 – 96/96/98 “a” – high obedience, high protection, HIT
Midget and heart dog – IPO3 – 94/93/94 “a”
Butcher (GSD) – FH1 – 94
Covae vom Landgraf – FH2 – 84
Yukon (GSD) – StPr1 -94
Pax (GSD and Jim Lempner’s dog now handled by his wife) – StPr2 – 80
Butcher (GSD) – StPr2 – 89
Roxy (GSD) – StPr2 – 60

Thanks to everyone for making this a great trial!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Wow what a great trial!! Congratulations to all of the dogs and their handlers!!!!

Reactions: workingk9s

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Excellent novel..err report Erynn!!

I wish I was there to watch all the dogs, sounds like it was a very exciting trial!! Hope to see lots of video...soon!!

Congrats to all the competitors!! :D

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Congratulations to everyone! And especially to Erynn and momma Eva for getting such an awesome score with little preparation!!!

This was a great trial, I am just sorry I missed it!

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thnaks. Not sure about video and stills. I did have someone taking pics, but with Christmas right around the corner I am not 100% sure when I will get them. Video... I did see a couple of cameras, but not sure who they were or who they were ultimately filming. I was super busy during the trial so I didn't snap or sit for ANY pics.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Congratulation to all!

Thanks for taking the time to post all that and keeping us informed!

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
I know Wendy was filming all of the protection routines and had someone film eiko's too, so maybe she will share those with us! :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Fantastic write up, congratulations to all the participants!

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If any videos make it to me I will gladly post. There was an abundance of really nice performances.

·
Aggressive Female
3,720 Posts
can't wait to see the protection videos! I heard all the dobermanns did AWESOME!

I still can't believe Covae did an off-leash FH2 track, that's crazy!!!

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Congrats to all! Sounds like a ton of fun! I would love to see some higher level dobes working. Too bad your club is on the other side of the country!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts