Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this while looking through cafepress' various Doberman products. I thought it was great, and wanted to share it with you all. :) It has a cute Dobe, with the caption bubble of:

"I am a Doberman. My brain will not become larger than my head. What about yours?"
http://www.cafepress.com/dvdpa4.9167089

Meggs

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
It still amazes me that some people still believe that, that can happen.
Nice looking dobe on the box though and with natural ears too :)
Anyway welcome to the forum Meggs from me and my crew below from left to right Chelsie,Tia,and Amber.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
People always go jeez I wouldnt risk owning a Doberman they turn on their owners i'd rather have a Rott. I get that alot kinda makes me mad

·
Registered
602 Posts
Moonlit_Illusions said:
I found this while looking through cafepress' various Doberman products. I thought it was great, and wanted to share it with you all. :) It has a cute Dobe, with the caption bubble of:

"I am a Doberman. My brain will not become larger than my head. What about yours?"
http://www.cafepress.com/dvdpa4.9167089

Meggs
Cool website, thanks for sharing.

Naveen

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I still can't believe that myth is still around. I remember hearing that when I was seven years old lol, and I didn't believe it then because it is a common sense thing! I had a girl try telling me all this mythical crap about Dobermans, that was one of them. I took the time to educate her, letting her know why that can't happen, and how reputable/responsible breeders have done wonders to create Dobes with excellent temperaments. She seemed pretty upset to be wrong, but I don't think she'd take the time to do a little research.

In general, has the Doberman's "reputation" gone down any? I know there are people who still believe it, but it seems more common to hear about pit bulls than Dobes anymore.

Meggs

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nah, people still believe they are killers. Sad though since all the 4 I had/have were just darlings. A dog is a dog and responds to the way it is treated plain and simple (lawmakers will never get that into their heads). The only difference between a Doberman and other dogs is that they are extremely bright and need constant stimulation or they will get bored. I had 2 Irish Setters about 30 years ago, not the sharpest tool in the shed, but lovable still the same and the terrier mix I had when I was a child was smart but could never be a match to a DObie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.