Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guinness cut his back right pad day before yesterday. it mustve happened in the woods but he never yelped or acted hurt. anyways its 3 shallow cuts and large abrasion next to the cuts. the layer of tough skin is gone where the abrasion is. he is favoring the foot and walking on his tip toes and licking the area, but not excessively. if you engage him in play, he forgets about it and moves normally but when you settle down the discomfort returns and he tip toes around. i have seen no blood by the way.

how do you recommend dealing with this?

thanks

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
We just had the cut problem on one of our boys pads. We used a product called Super Clot. It stops bleeding, numbs pain, disinfects. I cleaned the cut with some Hydrogen Peroxide, then dryed the area. Then put some of the Super Clot down into the cut. Then I put pressure (squeezing it together) on the cut for about 5 min. Don't know what to do for the abrasion. You can probably use the same stuff. It would have to dry. I would not have them play for a day. You can put a bootie on for outside to keep it clean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts